1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Thank you so much (for the NDS roms)...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by freestyler_rmg, Jun 17, 2010.

1. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

LOL WHAT! [me=mikeac]double facepalms.[/me]

I was excited when I learned that I could get free DS games, since I hated buying GBA games. I never actually got to play pirated games until 2008 when my friend loaned me his R4. Now ESA screws us over. Torrent and UseNet is what I guess I'll do.

2. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

That reminds me of a T-shirt design Winterreise made back in 2008.

3. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

Can I buy that? It'll make me feel better.

4. munchybubbles

munchybubbles Member

I hope romulation brings back their nds roms

5. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

That really goes without saying, so please... don't say it.

6. Paralys

Paralys Member

And by "We" I'm assuming you mean "You", being that there were GBA flash carts and emulation that the rest of the world was using. People not paying for games has been happening for over 9000 years, you're just behind the times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=up863eQKGUI

EDIT: Hell, there were even Atari 2600 flash carts http://www.retrothing.com/2006/06/vintage_video_g.html

7. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

They weren't popular, especially in the USofA.

8. blinko

blinko Member

I would also like to say thanks, but it seems that the ROMs are still there only minus the ones under that protection crap..however, I have no seen an update since then..this is a sad day.

9. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

there are no NDS roms available for download.

10. blinko

blinko Member

Ya I just noticed that lol, I guess this site will now die. It was fun while it lasted...but hey I got other sites for all the new games coming out XD. Goodbye Romulation, may you forever fall apart for not simply saying NO to their demands (ThePirateBay has much Hate/Threat mail...do you see them complying with removing torrents?)

11. Loonylion

the pirate bay is more legally secure than we were. They aren't actually hosting illegal content, we were. Refusing their demands would have resulted in jail time and unpayable fines, leaving us completely unemployable for the rest of our lives. Also RomUlation will not die anytime soon, NDS was less than 10% of our content.

12. tyson_rss

tyson_rss Guest

I'm loony for loony toons.

13. chalkzonezz1

chalkzonezz1 New Member

I don't think so
    If making the NDS ROMS not free doesn't affect this website that much, why don't you just make it free?

14. Loonylion

there are NO NDS roms, free or otherwise. Making people pay for them would get us in even worse trouble.

15. olaf111

olaf111 New Member

why don't you change part of the names and the extension.
    so something like this:
    example.nds would become 3xamp13.nd5
    and if you would trim the rom or add some 0's to the end of the game, it would be something different than the original game and all the downloader has to do would be rename the rom and its fully playable again.
    no copyright issues if i'm not wrong.
    IF the section goes online again that is...

16. Loonylion

because then we'd still be offering illegal material for download?

17. olaf111

olaf111 New Member

but isn't it something different if you ''change'' it?
    the extension and stuff?

18. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

No... Not at all.

19. will1008

will1008 Well-Known Member

I came here before the "olde days of RomUlationne".
    But if you're talking about before playing the Nintendo DS, then watching horrible and traumatizing kiddie shows on the TV.
    Yeah, it's THAT horrible.

20. arceus12345

arceus12345 Well-Known Member

we have all made romulation happen and i thank every one of u for making it a big success!

yes i know that the ds section is *messed* up but hopefully it will be fixed soon!! ;D