1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Texting

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by doughboy, Sep 26, 2010.

1. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

It's just the ease of typing at the cost of actually making sense.

2. doughboy

doughboy Guest

ohh, i get it (i was thinking it had something to do with the character limit and type of [short] language)

3. basho1213

basho1213 Well-Known Member

I hate texting on my phone i got no kabbard.

4. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

I haven't owned a cell phone until just recently, I find it useful but I really don't see it being needed 24/7 like how the teens are using it now. Even though it's a fast means of communication, like a phone call, there's always appropriate times to text, and appropriate times to not text.

Meaning if there's work to be done, that's not appropriate, when there isn't, then it is appropriate. At work, I make it so I take the phones that people are using when not appropriate and putting them in the money safe until the end of the night. They don't really hate me in the end, they only hate themselves. Because I am superior.

5. Admiral_Lindsay

Admiral_Lindsay Well-Known Member

I text like this.

6. awesomebros

awesomebros Well-Known Member

It drives me mad when people on facebook say "txt me".

7. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

Dun no about dis topik, but txting wen not havin 2 typ all lettrs is gr8, u ppl and ur "grammr"

8. doughboy

doughboy Guest

very true, spot on.
    I know, right.
    :D
    dat ez funnay.
    hahah, sounds like im speaking russian, checka or something...

9. archlvt

archlvt Well-Known Member

Texting is fine, unless you're out with people. Then you better damn well put your phone away, especially if it's a date.

10. phscarface

phscarface Well-Known Member

LOL remember of Grand Theft Auto IV and Metro 2033 xD
    "Shadape" (shut up)
    "Find didis for me!"
    I think russian accent is cool btw xD

11. doughboy

doughboy Guest

I like it too. I once had a girlfriend who spoke this way (you might not find that sexy, but I sure did.)

My friends have done this, its irritating, annoying, and most of all rude.

12. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

I text like I type. Also infrequently. It's useful, I like the convenience of saying I'm not gonna be back some nights, or getting alerts on Supremacy.

13. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

I use predictive texting - if I have to text, that is.

14. timmy1991

timmy1991 Well-Known Member

I text quite a bit, but I use proper English in my texts. I can't stand to read/write that text language, much more than I can stand 733t (that was hard for me to type...)
    Yeah I will use "lol" occasionally, but still, I find most of the other contractions harder to comprehend than normal language.

I run a guild site for a private World Of Warcraft server, and I specifically tell people not to use text speak in the forums, or it will result in a ban. Yeah, I really hate it.

But texting I do like, it's faster than calling people, and you can talk to more than one person at once. Just don't do it when you are with other people... It can come off as rude and annoying