1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Tension between N.Korea and S.Korea heightens

Discussion in 'General News' started by Eadelas, Nov 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2DamCerius

2DamCerius My eyes for your brain...fair trade.

Don't mind him, he's jus' being a klutz...

Well another point I would like to make is that thensions between the North and South have gone a long way to an episode that their citizens do not even associate themselves with each other any more. Both the countries are metaphorically polarized as of this second. One side is negative while the other side is positive.

By all means I do not understand what intensions North Korea has for starting such a fight. They have always shown how well they are willing to defend themselves, but at what cost. The situation depends on the circumstances about whatever the outcomes might be. It is not about them gaining economic power I can tell you that.

However North Korea has been wanting something they can never have---STEALTH PLANES!

2. damanali

damanali Well-Known Member

Honestly, this would be just like Israels 6 day wars.... not really that big. the south korea is like a bullied country where he cannot take the beating, stands up just to be hit with a baseball bat by 3pm. the us and china are like teachers who can minimize the beating for a while, but in the end, this should be ended just between the bully and the victim.

3. 2DamCerius

Not quite my friend. The U.S. likes to brown nose in everybody's business ever since this place became established. The U.S. would eventually stop them two countries from ever fighting if they had to. Why?

Because the U.S. is not going to let things get out of hand. We are a part of this globe just like everyone else and we are not going to let these two wreak havoc all over the place.

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

You seem to enjoy wrecking havoc in other countries though

5. 2DamCerius

Sad to say, I am part of a country that polices everyone. But that would be just the case, United States has remained the biggest hypocrite in the world.

6. damanali

damanali Well-Known Member

Damn straight. But i bet your and my sweet ass that if ever the Koreas are united with the south in charge, the good o'l US will have a military base in that country. Would you agree? Thats almost what happened to all countries it got into...

7. 2DamCerius

As a matter of fact, U.S. embassies were made within limits of the stronghold in parts of the world. I do believe it serves direct contact with the other countries, but U.S. put those there deliberately to keep those countries in check or in line.

*Sighs*

United States has remained such an influence upon the globe that most of the lands occupied are somewhat tolerant. The U.S. sees itself as the hero.

8. Eadelas

Eadelas Well-Known Member

Thanks to China the U.S finally has a worthy adversary. In fact the U.S owes China billions of dollars. Wonder when China would collect on that debt in the form of the U.S changing it's position on certain issues, like Korea.

9. Zydaline

Zydaline Well-Known Member

This is so Hetalia. http://www.metacafe.com/watch/2990175/axis_powers_hetalia_1_eng_sub/

Regardless, while the US always stay around to keep people 'in line', it's not without it's benefits. They can't just invade a place and leave them out to die with no leaders. The moment they turn their back people are going to pull out their guns again. They have to at least poke people into shape.

10. Loonylion

But in the case of Afghanistan, The Soviets tried that and failed. If the Soviets couldn't do it, America doesnt stand a chance.

11. tehuber1337

tehuber1337 Well-Known Member

Yeah I mean just look at the space race

12. Loonylion

that is not the same thing at all. The soviets were notorious for enforcing conformity.

13. tehuber1337

Sure didn't conform to the moon

14. Loonylion

the space race is irrelevant to the discussion and you know it.

15. tehuber1337

So's Afghanistan. Or are you saying that China will appreciate having a US occupation force on their doorstep, assuming the US can even sustain such a force in such a region?

Or is it not more likely for the US to simply institute the reconnection of the two Koreas, in the unlikely event they do intervene in a situation that's almost entirely hot air and risk earning the ire of not only China but perhaps the rest of the world under the UN?

16. Loonylion

What I'm arguing is that a previous poster claimed a that the US needs to prod the Afghans into some sort of civilisation to avoid the guns coming back out as soon as the US look the other way. My point is the Soviets failed to instill any sort of civilisation in to Afghanistan despite their iron rule and notority, and as soon as they left the tribes were at each other's throats again. Exactly the same will happen when the US leaves Afghanistan. Ergo, the occupation of Afghanistan under the guise of bringing democracy is a complete waste of resources.

17. tehuber1337

1. You're the one that brought up Afghanistan
    2. The US is not occupying Afghanistan like they are Iraq. They are there ostensibly to fight terrorism, not to bring democracy.

18. SW4J

SW4J Active Member

Wow, is there some anti-American sentiment here or what? Crazy how quickly people forget about WWII. The US really hasn't intervened that much, but with the case of North Korea can anyone here really say it would be a bad thing if they got taken out? It's a slum state with a brainwashed population that pretends to be one of the big boys.

That being said, with the horrible decisions made in the US over the past few years especially, war with China would be devastating. Even under good circumstances the US would be hard-pressed to take on China, but in this climate where China practically owns the US? Spells disaster to me.

19. Conrannex

Conrannex Guest

Yeah, good job we all remember Hiroshima, the amount of money they owe various countries, the refusal to intervene until they got attacked, etc.
    Thanks for re-enforcing the anti-American sentiment. :)

20. Zydaline

Zydaline Well-Known Member

It doesn't matter if Kim Jong Il is running an underground skate rink or pimping his girls for five bucks per use to China, taking people out is violating their rights. They have a right to rule like a prick and his people has a right to be ruled by a prick. If it was really violating international laws, they would have woopassed him a long time ago. Also, following that logic, a lot of people probably wouldn't give two fish sticks if America got 'taken out' either.

Also WWII? Exactly what are we supposed to remember? That thousands die and then thousands more die? That rubber sold well? Or that it was, like all war times, total chaos?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.