1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Tension between N.Korea and S.Korea heightens

Discussion in 'General News' started by Eadelas, Nov 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eadelas

Eadelas Well-Known Member

Seoul, South Korea (CNN) -- Members of the South Korean military protested on the streets of the nation's capital Saturday, stating that they were angry that their country's government had not done enough to respond to recent shelling by North Korea.

One group of protesters gathered near the defense ministry building Saturday. The crowd clashed with police officers, some charging and kicking officers.

The protests come as tensions between the Koreas are growing.

The United States is sending the aircraft carrier USS George Washington to join South Korea's forces near the coasts of China and North Korea in a four-day drill military drill that starts Sunday.

The drill is set to begin five days after North Korea shelled a South Korean island, killing four South Koreans and wounding 15 others.

It had to happen sometime....N.Korea has a deathwish.

2. unqiueninja

unqiueninja Well-Known Member

Agree ;D If North Korea ever strike on its own. It would be the whole world V.S North Korea ;D

3. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

actually depending on the circumstances china might support north korea. regardless, this kind of thing happens all the time, so I doubt it will go anywhere. north korea just likes being belligerent.

4. damanali

damanali Well-Known Member

Damn you loony for posting first. lol
    China wont shut up in this issue, they are on the border of Korea, remember Cambodia bombings?

Oh well, until one of them is defeated, there will be no peace in that region of the world.
    Hmm... how could we exploit this opportunity to enrich our country? hehehe

5. Eadelas

China thinks in terms of defense most of the time. They did build the Great Wall after all so that gives you a clue on chinese mentality. I think the chinese use n.korea as a buffer between them and the US - S.korea alliance.

6. lugia543

lugia543 Guest

a rumor on CNN stated that South Korea fired a bomb first as a test that landed on North Korean territory. it could be fake. oh and,
    [​IMG]

7. Eadelas

Wow Kim Jong Il's gotten all Sound of Music in that.

"The hills are alive, with the sound of missiles!"

8. bhatooth

bhatooth Well-Known Member

when china supports n korea it will lose some BPO and some companies will resort to us as we are already known for bpo

9. Zydaline

Zydaline Well-Known Member

I don't think China will help North Korea if it means risking condemnation. The States can't survive without Chinese products, but neither can China survive without the rest of the world. Unless there's a clear profit for China, the most they'll do is send them covert help, like food and medical supplies.

Of course, that's just my opinion. They're a strange thing, these commie brotherhoods...

10. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE etc.

11. damanali

My only concern is China's stance in the Korean issue because of its status as one of the Big 5.
    Any resolution done would be easily vetoed. Unlike Iraq, Korea is communist and would definitely supported by its brother China.

And as an ally of the US, the Philippines would send troops like in the 50's. Also, i hope it would be a contained war, instead of asking help from all sort of organizations like ASEAN, NATO and a would-be divided UN.

12. Zydaline

Zydaline Well-Known Member

Are you talking about the Korean wars/Vietnam wars?

I don't think this will develop to the point where Philippines will be call on to help. The US is basically intervening to defend the south from the north and/or to stop the whole business. It's not exactly a full on war.

And to be frank, in this economy, if the States is silly enough to start another Iraq again we'll be looking in the face of a second Great Depression. As if the crisis isn't bad enough already - the amount of money spent will break America's banks. And I don't think England will be in any position to help this time either.

13. damanali

The US would take advantage of the situation by selling military armaments and supplies to the the South. If the US doesn't go to war, they can't sell their best products therefore worsening their economy.

14. dills2

dills2 Well-Known Member

someone needs to make sure Kim Jon ils son doesn't turn out mental like him after all he is taking over

15. asdfth12

asdfth12 Well-Known Member

World War 2 says hello. It established the U.S. as a economic power.

16. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

the US wasn't involved in WW2 until the last 6 months. The actual war lasted 6 years. Britain was in it from the start.

17. damanali

Um, loony, i think Pearl Harbor was bombed in December 1941, so technically they were invloved from the last part of 1941 to the end in 1945. Maybe you're talking of WWI not 2.

But for both war, the US has been profiting from the beginning of those 2 wars. Maybe the US can do the same by selling the South some needed weapons. Oh, how that would give millions of unemployed people the chance to join the war. Just like Vietnam's drafting, maybe we could have those unemployed people go to Korea...If they die, they would be heroes and it will lessen unemployed people.

Is that to harsh of a thought?

18. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

It doesn't surprise me. North Korea is a shithole anyways.

19. lugia543

lugia543 Guest

[​IMG]

20. Oteupaiecona

Oteupaiecona Well-Known Member

My thoughts exactly.
    Again, this is what i would've written.
    This might actually have a lot to do with these attacks.
    NK wants to show that despite having a regime change they are still bad and crazy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.