1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Television quality has changed...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by doughboy, Feb 16, 2011.

?

Which DVD/TV type do you like best?

1. HD

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Bluray

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Regular (DVD like quality)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. VSH

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

Don't you fuckin hate it when the camera moves randomly? I mean, you're trying to watch the lesbian kiss in Wild Things, gawd.

2. doughboy

doughboy Guest

xD

lol, there we go people Hz is what I meant...silly me...
    it does seem though that some parts move slower than others, for example a car flipping over will take 2 min to flip in transformers (or it seems that way)
    It feels like your on acid or PCP...or at least that's how some Asian from SONY described it...

3. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

That has nothing to do with whether it's in HD or not. Maybe it did take 2 minutes to flip over because, you know, BAYSPLOSIONS.

4. tehuber1337

tehuber1337 Well-Known Member

Uh, just FYI, the Hz refers to the screen's refresh rate, ie how fast the hardware renders the image. It does not affect the "speed" at which parts play. Nor is it affected by the medium you're playing the video from.

5. doughboy

doughboy Guest

i give up...
    i did in fact see the transformers movie at frys electronics:
    the audio was great, the video quality was great, but the movies was made crap do to it being hd, because of:

6. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

This is the TV itself, meaning if you played a DVD or VHS on it, it'd still play out fluidly like a window, like how I described it.

Number one, Transformers was a terrible movie and you should feel ashamed to even glance at it, and it normally does take two minutes for a car to flip over in a Michael Bay film anyways.

ALSO, this is only your interpretation of the image, when in fact when you play both regular 60Hz and 120HZ there's no difference besides the fluidity of the movie. NONE, it may look strange at first but once you get used to it, it's a really cool effect. It does, in fact, make the movies more immersive.

7. doughboy

doughboy Guest

ohhh.....guess i need to get other bluray movies besides anime then hu? xD

8. garychencool

garychencool Well-Known Member

I enjoy high def (1080p) because my eyes don't hurt from all of the shit on the TV screen.

9. lewis9191

lewis9191 Well-Known Member

Wipe your tv screen !