1. This forum is in read-only mode.

telekinesis and pirokinesis real?

Discussion in 'Debates' started by Master800088, Jun 12, 2010.

1. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

nice loony :)

2. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

I'll remember to move my large member out of the way next time, then.

3. nu885

nu885 Well-Known Member

the only large member you have is in your family!! yo momma! ;) just kidding

i think these are all bullshit.. tell me if you could make fire or move shit with your mind would you go straight to hollywood? i would!!

4. ChristMonkey95

ChristMonkey95 Well-Known Member

What the hell kind of idiot would think his balls have psychic powers?

:)
    1. Nice! Fucked his couch!
    2. Thank you for returning us to the topic. I don't think "they would have gone to hollywood" is good proof, but the conclusion you have arrived at is good.

5. nu885

nu885 Well-Known Member

yea but what "good" would it do it you could make fire or move shit with your mind? other than making movies or rescuing a baby kitty from a tree (i'd rather set the kitty on fire!)... most of the benefits of these two powers would be to the "darkside"

6. ChristMonkey95

Hells yeah! I'd rack up them evil points faster than in a damn video game! Sure, there'd be a few gooduns in their, but they would just be drowned out by me having assloads of fun.

7. equitypetey

equitypetey Well-Known Member

not likely the only things people claim to be able to move with their mind are things that can be moved with air pressure and invisible string but apparently that's just because the power it takes to save a kitty from a tree would kill you in the process :p

8. ChristMonkey95

Its amazing the crazy ass excuses people who supposedly have these powers can make up. If the situation isn't 100% perfect there powers just magically don't work. That is some super duper horseshit.

9. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

heard of death from exhaustion? How about spontaneous combustion? they're both very real dangers when you're manipulating those amounts of energy.

10. Suiseiseki

Assuming it works the way people explain it, if it exists at all.

Honestly, can nobody throw me some empirical proof to work with here? I don't mean forum posts or that shit, because I can and did say that my balls have telekinesis here (and the fact of the matter is that they don't). I'm looking for peer-reviewed articles in scientific journals that indicate a rigorous testing method consistent with fair testing and the generally agreed scientific method that includes affirmative results. I know some of you prefer to live in fairylands and will believe any shit they think sounds cool, but would you be so kind as to give us realists something widely regarded as proof?

11. equitypetey

equitypetey Well-Known Member

hell if they show james randi he'll give them a cool million but this is the reality

12. ChristMonkey95

Really? Spontaneous combustion? Even Charmander isn't buying it.

Also, this.

13. kenny6457

kenny6457 Well-Known Member

i wonder if someone could move a ds or any game system with their mind?

14. tehuber1337

tehuber1337 Well-Known Member

Because clearly those can't be caused by other unrelated factors.
    I've searched through a collection of academic databases and turned up nothing on the matter.

15. Suiseiseki

I started doing the same before realising that as I'm not the one trying to prove anything I don't actually have to.

16. nu885

nu885 Well-Known Member

"The controversial phenomenon of ""ball lightning"" has also been proposed as one of the causes of spontaneous combustion"

straight from the wiki

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spontaneous_human_combustion

i think this might prove that your balls could be telepathic or something just go with it til you find something closer :p

17. miros

miros Well-Known Member

To produce a tangible result without physical action is impossible. There is no being on the planet Earth that can bring about change just though thoughts or feelings. To alter anything, something palpable must be used to express a notion or idea.
    One cannot manipulate flames without the use of physical interaction. Same as before, it is impossible to produce a tangible result without physical action.
    While there will be people who will never understand logic or want to, manifesting change through the use of mental or spiritual means is futile, unfeasible, implausible, and most of all absurd.
    miros

18. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

Ive put a bit of study into chi and all the popular demonstrations prove nothing.
    bending a a spear against your neck is easy, they angle themselves and it sits against the collarbones so its acually no pressure on the neck watch some, you will see the marks.
    Also when one guy gets hit with a baseball bat his partner is hitting him with the part right near his hands so hes not getting the full force and if you slow it down his hands look loose anyway. Some people have a high pain threshold. Pain can be ignored through conditioning, mma fighters get people hitting their shins with big sticks and they get used to it.
    The part about hitting harder i explained earlier in the thread.
    As much as i wanted it to be true, its clearly not, its just well thought out demonstrations made to look impressive.

I think its more use(if you believe it) as mental preparation before a fight rather then an actual real advantage.

Im thinking telekinesis is the same, well thought out and prepared demonstrations