1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Technology at its perfect stage.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mekusho, Jan 25, 2008.

1. Tboi

Tboi Well-Known Member

All-in-one pet with screen and all :p

2. mekusho

mekusho Well-Known Member

Bahahha.

3. mekusho

mekusho Well-Known Member

This topic almost died.
    Let's get it back alive.
    Technology at it's perfect stage !?
    Stage 3 (the way they call it in a few theories), is the perfect stage, and apparently we'll have the power of a god then. Ability to travel dimensions ! They say that, Einstein said it too if I'm not wrong, that god lives in a 11 dimension place and that if we want to travel to other galaxies we need to go through the 11 dimension place. It's like god's home.. And they also say that we humans, have another us that sometimes talks with us in our mind, it's our consiousness.

4. Adnan1992

Adnan1992 Well-Known Member

According to the string theory, this universe already has about 11-12 dimensions.

5. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

Three dimensions are known, and we apply them: height, width and length. Sometime ago, scientists were talking about 4th and 5th dimensions, being those time and space. Something like that.

6. Adnan1992

Yeah thats to do with reletivity. Which states that space and time are curved. (Which means that parallel limes can actually meet)

The way that the string theory was introduced is becuase they couldn't find a smug way to fit gravity into the whole theory of reletivity.

Apparenlty the string theory does not only include gravtiy, but also bridges the gap between normal physics and quantum mechenics. (The whole plancs law thing)

7. rodney

rodney Active Member

In 1000 years we'll all be living under ground due to either a manmade or naturally occuring ice age. All technology will be for staying alive underground and entertainment, like holodecks. A bit lik ethe "Amtrak wars" series of books. :-\

OR as wintereisse says the sun will have expanded maybe even burned out by then and we'll be living on new earth. :)

8. lilblkridinhood

lilblkridinhood Well-Known Member

wel technically, acheiving great technology is possible, in fact we can do it really soon, but the only probelm is money, everything costs, money, and with everything running out, it costs more, therefore, people won't think of much ideas, cause they know if they think of a great idea, you need a lot of money. If this world didnt revolve around money, then i think it'll be easier for people to make new, and better technolegy with ease

9. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

i wonder if people 1000 years into the future will laugh their asses off when they dig up the remains of my computer and such.

and they would say, this is what they had 1000 years ago...keyboards!

10. Adnan1992

No, they'll proabably laugh at the fact that we used cumputers in the form on boxes and laptops at all. 1000 years later, it might possibly all just be intergrated into the brain.

11. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

That thing about the sun exploding or something is wrong. What will happen in a couple of millions of years is the sun will die. Basically, when a star as big as the sun (or bigger) dies, it'll become very big, then turn into a black hole, constantly decreasing its size and sucking everything, eventually disappearing and taking earth, the other 8 planets and their moons with it. Eventually, light and objects, like meteors, will also be sucked and vanish for ever. Of course, this is arguable, because no one ever attended to this and survived to tell the story.

Yeah, no one attends to boredom itself (a.k.a. chemistry and physics classes) without learning a thing or two. :p

12. marcy

marcy Guest

to correct you:
    The sun will explode in approximately 5 billion years, it won't turn into a black hole because it's not heavy enough and since Pluto isn't a planet anymore our solar system got only 8 planets overall.

In 1000 years computers would be quite small and fast, hopefully.

I don't think that they could be implanted into the brain in future, but who knows 20 years ago we thought 10MB will last forever.

13. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

the sun will eventually degrade into a big ball of iron.

all fusion eventually ends up like that.

14. marcy

marcy Guest

You maybe right.

Fusion beyond iron is impossible for some reason.

All the very heavy elements are created when the star crashs down to its center.

15. Adnan1992

Aren't new stars born from the remains of old ones?

I think I heard that somewhere....

16. marcy

marcy Guest

That's right for newer stars, but there was no remains for the first star.