1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Tales of Innocence - The Translation Patch is Out!

Discussion in 'Emulation News' started by LuckyTrouble77, Jun 29, 2010.

1. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

yea, that would suck. :'( ....why did Nintendo, or whoever never release it in the US?!?! it's like the best DS game i've ever played! and that's saying alot, cuz i've played over 600 games for DS!!!

2. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Oh great, finally something to be played for.

3. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

i've been playing constantly since i downloaded it....great game, great graphics, love the real-time battle system, seems very similar to the tales of Symphonia games for GC and Wii. (only othe tales games i ever played, also great) :p

4. unqiueninja

unqiueninja Well-Known Member

Finally,a great game to play ;D

5. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

i know, right! i've never enjoyed a DS game so much! i'll probably play it like 20 times, over, and over, and over, etc....

6. chukapi

chukapi Guest

Woooot! it's finally here! thanks!

7. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

Oops my bad, edited

8. rpgirl

rpgirl Well-Known Member

Whoa...this is really great...Tales series has always been one of my favourites. Most of them are never get translated into English, a sad thing but this game is just what we need. Thanks for the upload and the team that made this possible:)

9. mahomaho

mahomaho New Member

umm... i can`t patch it, the xdelta say "the application failed to initialize properly(0xc0000135).
    is it me or just the program?
    the other box just blink on me then nothing!!

10. johnx

johnx Well-Known Member

Nevermind

11. thomasech

thomasech Active Member

Can the first post be updated with step by step instructions please?

I don't really know what to do. I have downloaded everything I need clean rom, the language path, xdelta program thing, and the recommended rom patcher.

I just really don't know where to start lol. Also my toi file is a DAT file and not xdelta. I didn't understand the explanation on how to change it either.

Thanks!

12. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Read this,
    Follow the patching instructions from the README.txt.
    You can either use command line or KaioShin's xdelta UI.

13. johnx

johnx Well-Known Member

Oh Ok.
    Well I got the Patch working now.
    Also Thanks to the translation team a lot.

14. kamuikurou

kamuikurou Well-Known Member

Thanks. :D I've been looking for this in other rom sites but they use crappy hosting sites. :( I kinda missed RomU, oh well...

15. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

works perfectly with the patch, good links :)

16. rebornalone

rebornalone Well-Known Member

Thanks for the links. Now I can play my first tales game here in the DS!

The last one I tried only had the menus translated.

17. LordGeovanni

LordGeovanni Member

Hello, I downloaded the game and patch and started the game. When the game is starting, it freezes when the top screen is lack and the bottom screene has a (pink) b+w pic and KOKIA/Follow the Nightingale in the corner. Any suggestions? I am not really good at computer file changing so any ideas would be appreciated. ~LordGeovanni

18. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

Did you actually patch the game? Or did you just put the patch file onto the card?

19. LordGeovanni

LordGeovanni Member

I took the download from the first link and the download from the second link. Then I looked at the README file for the patch and found a link. ( http://www.romhacking.net/utils/598/ ) After downloading that, i inserted the patch and the game into the prgram and the result i placed in my MicroSD. Inserted the game and turned it on. Then the problem listed above occurs when the game is starting. ~LordGeovani

20. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

Here's what you need to do:

Open the patching program
    In the first box, place the patch file (you may need to change the file browsing to all files and not just xdelta)
    In the second box, place the clean ROM
    In the third box, simply type in a file name for the file that is being created

Before you put it on your MicroSD card, make sure you put the .nds onto the end of the file you made if it doesn't already have it.