1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Tales of Hearts Translation??????????? meh

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by Dream_CC, Dec 6, 2009.

1. Dream_CC

Dream_CC Well-Known Member

hmmm which do you prefer? cg edition/anime edition? i think the cg is better(?) hmmm

2. marzz92

marzz92 Well-Known Member

Cool, i have heard good things about the tales series. Too bad i never got the chance to play one, most are in jap...

3. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

The Anime is more Tales series sytle than CG Animation.

4. Kiekoes

Kiekoes Guest

Really likes the Anime one, but here's another thing:
    In my country (The Netherlands) we've got a magazine called [N]Gamer (A Nintendo Magazine).
    Every 2 months it coms out. And there is a release list! And it says:
    Eind (The end of) 2009, Begin 2010:
    (...)
    Tales of Hearts

I hope it will come!

5. airdash123

airdash123 Well-Known Member

It'll probaly come out in 2010 or somewhere like that since it usually take us forever to translate it.

6. rebornalone

rebornalone Well-Known Member

If Tales of Hearts would be released in english, they could have translated Tales of Innocence as well.

7. ggrroohh

ggrroohh Well-Known Member

I prefer the anime one.
    CG is more of Square-style.

I different group is translating that one.
    Absolute Zero I thnk.

8. Dream_CC

the anime ver is very cute, especially the main character!
    the cg ver is cool, but yeah it's very square enix! but it doesn't matter as long as the story cool
    i think the translation is almost finish! because i saw the translation progress, everything is 100% except the story and skits hmmm HURRY UP!! ;D

9. Dream_CC

ANNOUNCEMENT FOR TALES OF HEARTS PROJECTS (FROM CRIMSON-NOCTURNAL.COM)!!!!!!!!
    I had said I would have a big announcement coming up. I'll do better than that and give you all one big announcement and one smaller announcement.

The Big Announcement
    Originally, when we started this project, it was our intention to follow a similar release plan to what Absolute Zero is doing with ToI. Things change.

After having a team discussion on it, it has been decided that we will be doing the following:

Release a v1.0 patch within a couple months. This will have everything translated except the script and skits. This means menus, enemy data, the synopsis, the spir links section, etc.
    Release a v2.0 patch a long time from now. This will contain the script and skits translated and edited. v2.0 is a long ways away, the script is massive and will take a much longer time to complete.
    For those in a rush to play the game, v1.0 will be great. You'll also be able to use the synopsis to somewhat understand what is going. Those whom prefer the script and skits to be translated before playing are more than welcome to wait for v2.0, which is probably a year or two away.

The Smaller Announcement
    There has always been two sides of the name argument. One side prefers the Amber, Jaden, etc. set of names to be used. The other prefers the Kohaku, Hisui, etc. set of names to be used. As most of you know, we went with the Amber, Jaden, etc. set of names.

The team has decided that we will be having two sets of patches released, to please both sides of the argument.

We will release a patch for ToH Anime Edition and CG Edition that uses the Amber, Jaden, etc. set of names.

We will also release a patch for ToH Anime Edition and CG Edition that uses the Kohaku, Hisui, etc. set of names.

Which one you choose will be your choice.

The Even Smaller Announcement
    I know, I know. I said there would only be two announcements. Whatever.

I thought I would mention that I know the ToH screenshots are horribly outdated. I will be uploading a fresh batch very soon, that way everyone can get a taste of what's to come from v1.0 in the coming months.

That is all for now. I hope everyone is excited for v1.0!

v1.0 is without story and skits , URGH , HOW CAN I UNDERSTAND THE STORY THEN?!
    wait for one or two years again? ERGH :( :(

10. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

2 years of waiting ?
    I give up :(

11. ggrroohh

v1.0 patch would be useless to me,considering I played so far already.

This is a wise desicion,as I will rage if the character names are changed into "Amber" or "Jaden".
    I want the character names to be same as the battle voice,or it'll be weird to me.

12. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

Yup, the name change is far too different.
    Even the official English Tales game don't change the name like that.

13. ggrroohh

I think its literal translation.
    Names should never be translated in my opinion...

14. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

Still sounds strange to me.
    But Kohak's name sure is strange to be written in English.

15. Dream_CC

me too, it's very tiring to wait that long! *sigh* at least there's v1.0 patch, but it'll be waste for me because i really want to know the story not the game play!!

16. Dream_CC

W-WTH?! WHAT'S GOING ON?! THE PROGRESS?! IS IT CHANGING? IT'S ALL GOING DOWN! the last time i saw everything's 100% except the story and skit, BUT NOW-!?

(from crimson-nocturnal.com)

Menu Translation: 99%
    Menu Editing: 70%
    Battle Translation: 60%
    Battle Editing: 40%
    Dialogue Translation: 10% (most of first continent completed)
    Dialogue Editing: 0%
    Skit Translation: 0%
    Skit Editing: 0%
    Synopsis Translation: 100%
    Synopsis Editing: 95%
    Graphics: 25%

heyyy what's going on what's going on what's going oooonnn?!?!

17. johnx

johnx Well-Known Member

Are you sure it was Tales of Hearts.
    You could of been looking at Tales of Innocence

18. Dream_CC

NOPE, it's for REAL! look: http://crimson-nocturnal.com/projects/tales-of-hearts/progress/

19. johnx

johnx Well-Known Member

I know it's real.
    But I was saying that the Tales of Innocence is almost finish, so maybe you accidentally looked at Tales of Innocence and you thought it went down.

20. Dream_CC

i looked on crimson-nocturnal.com a few weeks ago and it's written that everything's already near 100% except the story and the skit, but now why is everything going down like that?!