1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Swollen Fingers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by anandjones, May 31, 2008.

1. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

no, but the best option is not cracking your joints. Your body is able to get rid of the CO2 on its own.

2. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

o.k...i try not to crack my body anymore.....but then cracking them feel so good >.<

3. Solus

Solus Well-Known Member

Yeah you notice sometime if it is too stiff, regular natural movement will crack the bone itself.

4. CloudBoii12

CloudBoii12 Well-Known Member

yeah it sucks when i try to crack my nuckles and stuff but they are stiff and it just hurts :(:S
    sucks...
    anyway, i crack my knuckles often :)
    havent got arthirities yet and im 13 so yea
    heres hoping :p (yn)

5. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

If your joints hurt if you crack them, then don't, see a physician

Cal's right, cracking is a bit addictive...

6. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

I actually just crack my knuckles once a month, just for some sort of health benefit (I know they can crack on its own) but if you crack it, it does help relieve tension, and that is fact. and a theory is that it will decrease chances of arthritis.

I did a bit of studying on this subject in biology >.>

also, I did forget to mention.. it is a double edged sword, you can actually weaken your hand through this practice, as it does weaken yiour grip due to stretched tendons..

Sorry about the misunderstanding of this topic, but remembering these things from about 4 months ago is pretty hard.... and that knuckle cracking is a mysterious subject, and hasn't actually been examined thoroughly for the best results...

7. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

Cracking you back and joints every now and then can be a good thing, however like anything theres a certian way it should be done, any pain is usually pretty bad, cracking your fingers and back every day or multiple times a day can lead to arthritis, I crack my back a few times a week with help from my friend who s currently studying chiropractics, always feels great afterwards :)

8. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

I never got to learn how to crack my back.. Please explain :)

Actually, I'm a bit scared to crack my back, I'm afraid it can do permanent damage

9. CloudBoii12

CloudBoii12 Well-Known Member

lol
    i just sit on a chair and (if its not a swivel chair) just try to turn around!!

10. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

I feel so dumb right now...

11. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

just becareful when cracking your back.....if you make a mistake....it will hurt like hell.....

12. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Anyways, cracking the back feels the best, especially if it hasn't been done in a while. You get someone to stand on your back. Pain and pleasure :p Sometimes, my fingers are so weak. Once at school, we had to spraypaint a project, and I could barely push down the nozzle :( Yeah, I'll try to lesson it done to at least one or two "crackings" a day. Even my teacher tells me to stop cracking in class.

13. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Your teacher's probably scared that you'll beat him/her up after class ;D

By the way, I kinda want to ask this silly question to everyone:

When you crack whatever you crack, does it sound a lot, I mean is it loud enough to bother your class like anandjones's?

14. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

It's in your knuckles....

15. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

lol winterr I thought someone who does as much training as you would know that....

16. anandjones

He probably doesn't crack them. Never knew that many people crack themselves, I'm the only one that does it in my core class, according to my mate's homework survey he did. And when they try, they cry in pain. It's really weird with my left hand's forefinger knuckle, do you know that rope thing that you can barely see that allows you to move your finger freely? It's kind of like a thick vein, just runs across the top of your finger and knuckle. If you make a fist, you should be able to see it. Anyways, if I had a bit of pressure to it, I can actually move it across my knuckle. And it feels really weird when I do it.

17. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

Mide don't run on top of my knicle, it swerves mroe to the side...

18. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Because of training myself through basic martial arts techniques like Shibashi Tai Chi Chuan & punching concrete walls (but never breaking or chafing the wall), my knuckles are very prominent, every vein is thick & visible ;D

19. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

I knew I was forgetting something... but calcium buildup can cause arthritis :) not CO2 build up, I'm mistaken >.>

20. anandjones

The swelling has finally settled down, after following the steps my doctor briefed me on. Which was taking joint pills (I did not do this) and also massaging my fingers in a circular motion twice a day (I did do this). Thanks for all the replies everyone.