1. This forum is in read-only mode.

swine flu, possible outbreak in the future or just hype of the time?

Discussion in 'General News' started by ultra, Apr 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Girogex

Girogex Guest

I don't want to die a horrible death at the hands of piglet

2. kadyome

kadyome Well-Known Member

come on.. Dengue is worse than the fucking H1N1

3. CloudBoii12

CloudBoii12 Well-Known Member

Swine Flu - it's not that deadly. Seriously. It's only deadly if you don't get the correct treatment. And fucking stupid media are the ones who are making this such an issue.

4. darkmasterpaul

darkmasterpaul New Member

In Athens News Newspaper (biggest and most trusted English newspaper in Athens).

Shortly speaking, most people who get infected by this flue. Go through it lightly: 3 days in bed, small fever, runny noise etc. The death accorance is comparable to a normal flue (in developed countries).

No need to worry

5. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

statistically the death rate is much much lower than normal flu. You have to remember that most of the deaths so far have not been H1N1 itself, but complications caused by existing medical conditions the victim had.

6. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

I'm taking the opportunity to watch the propaganda machine. All this media coverage, and what is swine flu?

Swine flu is just a bug going round that, although contagious, isn't particularly dangerous to anyone in even moderately developed countries unless they're sick already.

Jesus Christ. All this hype over what is basically a flu nobody is immune to. Ask yourselves who is profiting from this. Media and pharmaceutical companies.

7. timmy1991

timmy1991 Well-Known Member

you wanna know how to cure swine flu? Robitussen...
    It cures all, from a runny nose to broken bones!
    Takes away all your aches and moans!
    Buy Robitussen at your local drug store today!

8. supertanno

supertanno Well-Known Member

People are just being scared because the media has blown everything up...

If you would have, let's say, 20 people with the Mexican Flu (or Swine Flu) and 20 people with the regular flu, there would be more people in the last group who would than in the first group.

Don't want to get both of them though...

9. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

Couldn't we just innoculate with a weaker but similar flu if a really strong one DOES break out?

10. Loonylion

It would have to be very similar in the right way to give immunity. What used to be done (don't know if it still is) was they would inject you with a dead form of the actual disease, and that gave you immunity.

11. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

Yes, they generally give you weakened or dead disease cells which your body would analyse and make correct antibodies for, innoculation gives somebody a similar disease that is not as lethal in hopes of protecting people from the tougher disease

12. NekoHennuli

NekoHennuli Well-Known Member

Swine flu? Bird flu? Tsh!
    BULLSHIT!

13. MrNeutral

MrNeutral Member

when they declared it a pandemic thats when i knew they were over reacting ok so a few people died yeah this may seem cold but geez it wasnt that many the world has more then enough people to replace them if we really started getting underpopulated we could just do the orgies of the medieval times

14. Loonylion

pandemic just means its in more than 2 different countries and spreads between humans. It wasn't overreacting.

15. quickcaster

quickcaster Well-Known Member

It's not that serious im not that worried scientist say it's just like catching a cold

16. rebornalone

rebornalone Well-Known Member

I wonder if the media would link the destruction of the world in 2012 to the virus.

17. The_Fox

The_Fox Well-Known Member

I'm a huge consiparcy theorist.

I believe the swine flu was a simple distration, to make the world 'hold hands' and take everyones eyes of the situation that the whole planet is in, (global economical downfall)

It was probably made in a lab. Now I know you'll assume I'm a nutter, but I assure you, I'm not, well not completely yet, lol.

Let's look at the facts.
    First they said it'd only affect OAP's and babies, but healthy young men are dying. They also said it'd be no worse then normal flu, but again, we know this isn't true. They also said, It'd die out within a few months, but again, England are preparing for a winter blast of this, a second wave if you prefer.

I'm very unsure whether each goverments are actually telling the general public the whole information...

18. Loonylion

Actually in 90% of cases it is true. In terms of fatalities its nowhere near as bad.

19. The_Fox

The_Fox Well-Known Member

I must disagree with you, the way it's being reported here, by both goverment and media, swine flu is killing more people then normal influenza. But yet the British Goverments are banging on about how it's not going to bad, I'm sorry but we put a man on a moon, when we haven't even discovered all of our own planet. When computer operating systems can do billions of algorythms. For me? One death from this is one too many. Especially after all of our acheivements in the previous 100 years.

Why are people still dying from a strain that mutated from the flu? Because we don't have our priorities sorted.

20. Loonylion

actually normal flu kills tens, if not hundreds of thousands a year, they just don't get reported by the media.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.