1. This forum is in read-only mode.

swine flu, possible outbreak in the future or just hype of the time?

Discussion in 'General News' started by ultra, Apr 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barathrum

Barathrum Well-Known Member

Stupid mexican pigs!!! Pandemic phase of 5 now!!

2. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Excuse me, it's not entirely the Mexican people's fault you know. Sure they may be living in un-hygienic conditions but they didn't decided to, "hey let's make a deadly virus & eff up the world" :p These things happen, or if you're a conspiracy theorist "thinker", then maybe it's "some people's" fault.

3. crazytuna

crazytuna Well-Known Member

Dont you see that this is a smart way to raise the economy?
    people are scared so they go out, buy everything they see cause they think they're going to die
    and the medical industries are making billions now, selling their "cures"
    it's all planned by the world leaders

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

if that was true it wouldnt have started in mexico.

5. crazytuna

It's the fear that pushes people to do so, not the virus itself, it's the fear of death

6. Loonylion

its not fatal in most cases.

7. c740

c740 Well-Known Member

not yet remember this is a virus we're talking about if its not taken care of soon it might become stronger.

8. crazytuna

Dont you think your immunity system is strong enough to fight off this virus?

9. fallenleader

fallenleader Guest

it is another version of the "flu" people take shots for it, just not for this one, yet.

it is sometimes fatal, just like the "flu" and as far as i know, america has it as a nice high classification on the pandemic scale."like a hurricane, earthquake or tornado scale"
    i wouldn't worry about it too much. if you get sick, make sure the doctor is aware of the possibility of it and doesn't ignore it which will be bad, ignorance and lack of knowledge is bad.

there are greater threats... this one is just newer ( people need to learn about it= news) and the others are already established.

by the way, this is diagnosed with a simple blood test right?

10. timmy1991

timmy1991 Well-Known Member

i live in the US... im just a little scared

11. crazytuna

apparently the swine flu is now under control and can be stopped now
    but my guess, that's just some way to reassure the population, it's not stopped yet

12. fallenleader

fallenleader Guest

was all media hype. 2 american deaths? many mexican, not as great health care.

will be start vaccinating when fall flu season comes this year. and is not swine flu.

H1N1 influenza.

i am only concerned about not knowing where it came from. do they know yet?

13. Loonylion

all deaths were the result of underlying medical conditions, not swine flu.

14. crazytuna

yeah I think one of them was a baby,a dn we know that babies still have a under-developped immune system, so it's way weaker to this kind of virus
    and the other deceased is a woman who was sick with something else already, which means she couldn't have take the pressure on the swine flu

15. fallenleader

fallenleader Guest

the h1n1 is another influenza, they will vaccinate only the typical flu "risk" people, children and old people, people with immuno defficencies.

it is reported that a lot of cases have gone undetected and unreported due to lack of knowledge, people simply drank soup, relaxed, took tylenol or dayquil and laid around watching tv. soon they were all better.

everyone should go and google news articles, the more recent ones describe everything better, the wiki may even have been updated to include the newer knowledge.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_swine_flu_outbreak
    http://www.cdc.gov/h1n1flu/
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H1N1

wikipedia:
    "However, as the virus has not yet been isolated in animals to date and also for historical naming reasons, the World Organisation for Animal Health (OIE) suggests it be called "North-American influenza".[15] On April 30, 2009 the World Health Organization began referring to the outbreak as "Influenza A" instead of "swine flu".[16], and later began referring to it as "Influenza A(H1N1)"."

"In Alberta, Canada, provincial and federal officials announced on May 2 that a 2,200-head pig herd in central Alberta was under quarantine after preliminary findings indicated some of the animals were infected with swine flu in a case of reverse zoonosis; it was presumed that a man who had recently visited Mexico infected the swine.[105] Alberta agriculture minister George Groeneveld said that health officials expected no problems with export of pork from Canada to the United States, and that there was "absolutely no evidence" that the flu virus can be transmitted through eating pork."
    infected the pigs? poor pigs, they are unknown and unlikely to infect us, but we can them maybe.

i say in the future, it may become changed so it can infect us from pigs and vice versa because pigs are a similar to people, but people would be vaccinated to it and wouldn't become and more deadly.
    every year the influenza's change a little and the vaccine changes as well, if i am right they actually have completely changed vaccine before, made it many times more effective.
    i may be wrong, i don't spend hours researching things unrelated to my individual needs.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Influenza_vaccine

16. iain1970

iain1970 Member

Making billons selling this...?

[​IMG]

17. Reider

Reider Modereider

Just to throw something out here.

[​IMG]

But anyways, some new form of the flu shows up, media hypes it up and gets people panicking, the usual. This even showed up on the Air Force base I was at for the past couple months and it didn't seem nearly as horrible as it was being made out to be. I certainly wasn't complaining about the fact that they let us shower as long as we wanted instead of the 1 minute we got before though. :p

18. bankaiichigo987

bankaiichigo987 Well-Known Member

i dont fear it there already a cure some some time ago it cures most flus its called tamiflu

19. Lechongbaboy

Lechongbaboy Well-Known Member

20. Loonylion

anti-influenza drug.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.