1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Super Easy Way to get games working on an R4.

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by DragoDracini, Sep 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. madlittleme

madlittleme Member

Please tell me where I can get the prepatched rom from for Enchanted folk. Cheers.

2. s-l-y-t-h-e-r

s-l-y-t-h-e-r New Member

I also can't find a pre patched version can someone please tell me where one is

3. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Of what game exactly?

4. rarar

rarar Active Member

Please, please PLEASE can somebody send me the link for the prepatched Enchanted Folk and the School Of Wizardy rom? I can't get it to work with the whole DsLazy thing.

5. teeseehay

teeseehay New Member

You a star man!!!! I was really struggling to get this problem sorted and I followed tip, clicked on the link you recommended and voila - a very easy guide to sorting it out. YOU ARE A SAVIOUR!!!! I would highly recommend this tip to anyone. Well done you. I was really frightened at the other options of updating files on the flashcart and this provided an easier, less dangerous option.

6. Richiee

Richiee Member

I did this for Pokemon Platinum and now the wifi features won't work? Any ideas?

7. anandjones

You'll find that they generally won't work, which has been the case for most people. Post a new topic.

8. joemicallef

joemicallef Member

can any one do club penguin elite penguin force with the patch and that cuz my computer wont dowload the arm7

9. anandjones

You don't download it. Get the binary from another working ROM.

10. poke_maker

poke_maker New Member

this didn't let me save my ffcc echoes of time game...

11. anandjones

You need the AR code enabled (database, patched ROM with DSATM etc.)

020CAE48 E3A00000
    020CAE4C E12FFF1E
    020CB1B0 E3A00000
    020CB1B4 E12FFF1E

12. joe67

joe67 New Member

what is a ds-menu.dat? and how do i get one onto my micro sd card for the rav4

13. nejcgx

nejcgx Well-Known Member

Didn't want to open another thread so yeah..

Is R4 compatible with 4GB micro sds? Because some people say it is, some say it ain't, I just tried but I can't get it to work, it keeps saying Loading and nothing loads up..

14. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

if you mean the original R4, then no, it is not. Non-SDHC 4GB cards will work if you can find one, but they're about as rare as whale's teeth.

15. nejcgx

nejcgx Well-Known Member

Yeah the original R4.. well that's a shame.. guess ima getting another 2gb sd ^^

16. armada92

armada92 Member

the problem with this is that it causes wifi and multiplayer to not work on some games when you have patched them.

17. anandjones

Few cases yes.

18. fourhorse

fourhorse New Member

THANK YOU, THIS SITE IS THE EASIEST AND THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe a stupid question (I am blonde!), does the r4 SDHC have the same problems with game downloads?

And also which chip doesn't have these problems and where can I get it? we've already filled 5 r4 cards and I need to get some more for occupational therapy for kids who need help with their fine motor skills and hand eye co-ordination, so any advice would be appreciated.

19. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I would strongly reccomend you get a CycloDS Evolution, Acekart 2 or EDGE, as these are much more compatible than R4 clones.

20. treacle85

treacle85 Guest

hello i am new to this sohavent got a clue what im doing! i have downloaded the zenses ocean game and also the dream day wedding game, neither of them are working. they both come up with 'turn power off and reinsert card'. i have tried the DSLazy thing and that is not working, i read on here about getting the arm7 off of an older working rom but as i dont have one what should i do next? i have an R4. thanx

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.