1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Super Easy Way to get games working on an R4.

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by DragoDracini, Sep 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. king_leo

king_leo Well-Known Member

thank you but I went on gba temp to get cheats but ds lazy made it not work thank you again because I tryed it with out ds lazy and it worked thnx

2. madlittleme

madlittleme Member

Ok, I've tried DS Lazy and DS Buff but neither application will run on my pc, keep getting failed to load error, ok to terminate and thats it. I'm losing my little bit of sanity trying to get these roms to work so could anyone help me pleasssse!
    Need very basic step by step instructions altho I do think I may have the drift of unpacking, replacing the arm7 file and repacking the rom if I only could get the software working lol.
    Cheers

3. madlittleme

madlittleme Member

Yay, I got the ds buff to run, needed net framework 2.0! Blimey, my brain hurts. Anyhow, I choose the option to unpack the Enchanted folk rom which once it had unpacked there wasnt an arm7 file in it, only a arm9! So once again I went back to the drawing board. This time I decided to let ds bluff do the work and swap arm7 files, this didnt work either lol. Tips anyone?? Ill keep playing on this for awhile now I'm sort of getting somewhere.

4. oboy_handy

oboy_handy Member

Did you mean you can play the game, and with the cheat, without using DS lazy ??

5. madlittleme

madlittleme Member

Here we go again. Downloaded a rom that worked, extracted to arm7. Unpacked Enchanted folk and found a arm9 in there!!!! so where do I go from here lol. I'm gonna play and take the arm9 out and replace with my working arm7 just for the hell of it. If it works Ill post up after dancing around my lounge a few times.

6. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

it wont work. you need to do the same thing with an arm9.bin file, if if that is indeed the cure.

7. madlittleme

madlittleme Member

Yeah, it didnt work, hey ho I tried, and failed. Any ideas where I might lay my hands on a arm9 file? or anything that may get the enchanted folk rom running ok? Cheers.

8. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Read the common issues. The arm7.bin needs to be replaced.

9. LT123

LT123 Member

I thought I would have no chance of getting this to work, an old mum of two, not up to speed with all this tech gaming stuff......but after two tries I have a very happy little boy & I' m feeling good!! Thank you so much Hulk is now working

10. DragonQuester

DragonQuester Well-Known Member

Well guys, I've tried it but GTA Chinatown Wars doesnt work this way...

11. anandjones

Of course. I hope you've already read the notice.

12. madlittleme

madlittleme Member

Enchanted Folk rom. I've tried all I can to get this rom working but no joy. Here's the steps Ive taken.

1. Unpacked rom using DSBuff, deleted arm7 file and replaced with a working arm7 file from another rom, repacked, didnt work.

2. Followed all the posts on GTA chinatown rom, downloaded the arm7 and arm9 files for that, changed the files over and repacked and still not working.

Can anyone help me with this please? ???

Running an original R4 with 1.18v kernel.

13. anandjones

madlittleme, try downloading the prepatched ROM.

14. clairesdog

clairesdog New Member

I really don't understand anything technical I have my R4DS revolution card and my 8GB SDHC memory card. I have downloaded the firmwear and the 3 games I wanted but when i put the r4 card into the ds it just has a red memory card symbol on the top screen with Menu? above...I cannot get anything else...what am i doing wrong...in simple terms please..I am a very simple girl!!

Modified to add I have extracted the games to .nds files aswell.

15. anandjones

https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=1462.0 Make sure the MicroSD is in properly. If so, installed the firmware correctly?

16. clairesdog

clairesdog New Member

Yes on both counts - anyway I gave it to someone who actually knows what they are doing and it seems my R4 is faulty...bummer... I shall have to try and get a refund!

17. anandjones

Fake probably.

18. indianCHAN

indianCHAN Well-Known Member

Just out of curiosity, why does the arm7 patch seem to disable multiplayer?

19. king_leo

king_leo Well-Known Member

sorry but the cheat codes still dont work like the new ffcc the cheat does not come up

20. anandjones

Post a separate topic then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.