1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Super Easy Way to get games working on an R4.

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by DragoDracini, Sep 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dondonuk

dondonuk Member

just too say a big thank you i have finaly got prof layton working and now i'm gonna have a go at the others for my daughter. one more thing though, can you compress the games on the micro sd card?

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

You can do what is called "Trimming". It makes the games smaller by removing unneeded junk.

Personally I've never done it, so I don't know if it causes issues with gameplay or not. I don't believe it causes problems.

3. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

It can cause issues as it's not 100% perfect, it just removes the redundant data that is added onto the ROM image when it is written and dumped to and from the cartridge.

4. dondonuk

dondonuk Member

Thanks again i think i will leave the trimming thing alone, but i wouldn't have been able to sort the problem out so a big thank you again.

5. dazkferry

dazkferry New Member

thats is excellent thanks for the post

6. sdb102

sdb102 New Member

Hello all!

I got the R4 and the N5.
    Both were gifts and I didn't really use them often.
    But I would like to learn japanese with my ds and there is a lot of software out there helping with that subject. :eek:
    I allready ordered some of them the regular way and it cost a few bucks..(300$)but non of them have arrived yet. :(
    Since I didn't want to wait any longer I was looking for some titles online.
    Found a lot here too, but with the ending ".rar". ???
    Downloaded them and transfered all to both the R4 and N5 but they can't read it.
    Them I tried to just switch the ending from ".rar" to ".nds" (which is the format they normally both seem to read), but its still not working. ???
    Also tried some homebrow software, but that was kinda boring and not fun at all(one file had ".bz2" as ending and I tried the switch to ".nds" to get it to work as well..but again no success :-\)
    Does anyone here know how I must format the files so the R4 and/or N5 can read them properly? :-[
    That would be much obliged. ;D ;D

Greetings sdb

7. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Check out this WinRAR tutorial:
    https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php/topic,3880.0.html

8. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

.bz2 is an archive just like .rar, and can also be opened by following the above tutorial.

9. madlittleme

madlittleme Member

Can anyone help me get the Phineas and Ferb rom working please? Ds card not inserted properly and cannot be saved. Please be very basic with instructions as I'm a dumb blonde. Using an R4 with the last kernel they issued. Cheers.

10. anandjones

Follow the tutorial on the first page of this topic.

Or https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=1462.0

11. raese786

raese786 Member

hello, i am new to romulation but i have got an edge card, and i have also updated the software but whenever i go to save it it freezes can anyone help me ....thanks

12. anandjones

Read the Common Issues :)

13. raese786

raese786 Member

sorry for being a pain but i dont know how to go into common issues as i am new ....???

14. anandjones

https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=1462.0 :)

15. raese786

raese786 Member

ohh thanks mate but my card is a kingston .... but i have not tried to format it

16. Beth_25

Beth_25 New Member

Help please!!!
    I am saving games but they are saving as RAR not NDS file types....how can i change this so my DS will see them?
    Many thanks

17. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

download winrar from www.rarlabs.com and follow the winrar tutorial in our tutorials section.

18. oboy_handy

oboy_handy Member

Hi, Don't know if anyone is aware of it... I have tried to play the games with all the things you've said, DS lazy , etc etc.. and yes it works really well. But then, I can't use cheat anymore afterwards... I have checked that the cheat is there for the game i play, but no Cheat box at the bottom of the screen anymore. All games i downloaded and played without any tweaks still have the cheat box available. Can someone help me? Thanks!

19. king_leo

king_leo Well-Known Member

me still can get new dragon quest to work can someone put a website up for a usrcheat for the cheat

20. oboy_handy

oboy_handy Member

I usually use this link http://cheats.gbatemp.net/

But, If you use DS lazy and others in order to play a game, the cheat doesn't appear anymore even it's already in the game list!
    Surprisingly, when you don't use DS lazy to play the same game, the cheat DOES appear! but then, you can't play the game!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.