1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Super Easy Way to get games working on an R4.

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by DragoDracini, Sep 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaleadoskope

Kaleadoskope New Member

Uh hey... I'm a newbie here and I'm having a problem with playing the games...

When I load up any game from this website on my R4, all I get is this white screen. I've tried changing the reset on and off, but to no avail. Any solutions would be greatly appreciated.

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Try the things listed in this thread and in the Common Issues thread.

3. markellul

markellul New Member

Hi...new to this site...got a R4DS card but have not put games from around 3400 onwards as yet as I have not been using it. Any problems with the latest games on the R4DS card I should know about. If this crd is not suitable any more what should I look at getting? Thanks all..

4. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Look at Cyclo and Acekard 2, or EDGE :)

5. paolajj

paolajj New Member

I am trying to copy (to the R4) the games I have downloaded or the ones i have recorded in a DVD and it keeps giving me a message saying file is corrupted and unreadable. Help please.

6. anandjones

Have you extracted them?

7. nj1906

nj1906 New Member

ive downloaded the new super mario bros. game twice and i dont have a problem saving on my r4 but the issue is that i cannot play the mini games. do you know what i can do to fix this issue so i can play the mini games?

8. anandjones

Others have encountered the same issue. The ROM is not the issue here, so re-downloading won't help. It would be simply incompatible.

9. nj1906

nj1906 New Member

my brother has it also on his ds r4 card and the mini games worked i got mine about a couple months ago got the same game but wont work. do you know why it worked on his r4 and doesnt on mine?

10. anandjones

Do you have the same type of R4? If so, same firmware version etc.?

11. nj1906

nj1906 New Member

i do have the same r4 but a 2g i got the newer version download for the r4. even if i have a newer update of it why wouldnt it work? its the same program isn't it?

12. anandjones

Newer firmware? Check with him what version.

13. omgwut

omgwut Well-Known Member

Does the patch work on GTA chinatown wars and SC dark brotherhood?

14. anandjones

Yes, you can apply it to any. Whether it works itself is up to you to test :)

15. mena114

mena114 Member

WC 2009 help?

I tried to patch the new 5Ds yugioh game but it still doesnt work on r4!!!!
    can anyone help or atleast post a patched and tested file? ???
    DX
    Post Merge: [time]1248450110[/time]
    yugioh 5ds does not work with this!!!!!!!!

16. anandjones

Make sure you have the latest firmware first http://www.linfoxdomain.com/ds/

17. wmgunawan

wmgunawan Member

why u must patch the game if there is already upgrade firmware r4 original already can be downloaded???
    there fw 1.23 tested on ben10 alien force, hello kitty big city and chrono trigger

18. anandjones

This thread was made before those releases.

19. kevph1

kevph1 Active Member

Just wanted to add my thx to you for this - been trying to get kirby super star ultra to work on my dstt for aaages tried the ds lazy arm7 thingy (it worked fine for other games) no luck, updated firmware - no luck, tried ds lazy with new firmware (not even sure if this should make any difference (yes i am a noob!) again no luck, was going to try getting ysmenu to see if that made any difference (but it sounded a bit complicated) when i stumbled in here and decided to download the dark brotherhood - worked a treat, and the ds lazy patch worked perfectly for kirby too - sorry for rambling just very happy (hope i don't have any problems with the saving though! - so once again i tip my hat to you good sir/madam!!

20. WinRAR

WinRAR Member

Hi all,

If a game doesn't work on your R4DS, try using the Max Cross Method, as suggested in this thread.

If the game still doesn't work, try downloading the ported R4i Firmware (Latest as of this post is 1.23).

You can't hold down the D-Pad to scroll through your long list of games, but the FW works better with newer games.

Now, that being said, the game The Legendary Starfy (U) worked up until I tried the third level (1-3).
    Then, the game just hangs (white screen) when I select the level.

Is this anti-piracy? If so, is there a cheat/patch that I can get that will fix this?
    How do I apply it?

Oh, also, to the above poster who said New Super Mario Bros. Mini Games don't work:

The mini-games worked on my 1.18 FW, and still work on the R4i 1.23 FW.

Where are you downloading the ROM from? DL from RomUlation, or Romscentral. If a ROM doesn't work from here, that's where I go.
    However, they still do not have The Legendary Starfy....
    -WinRAR

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.