1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Suis vs. Soul Silver - Nuzlocke Style

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by Suiseiseki, Mar 29, 2010.

1. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

Nah, it's my Jap Platinum that recently got transferred to the English version so I'd have an easier time breeding my Pokemon. It's my official breeding/battling game. SS is reserved for Nuzlocke.

ALSO you guys may notice that somewhat appropriately that video shows why you should be using Waterfall instead of Aqua Tail.

2. hmfan

hmfan Well-Known Member

This seems like a waste... especially if you have a fainted rare pokemon. I say instead of releasing just box them into box 13 and 14 and rename those boxes RIP or graveyard. Then don't touch them until the challenge is over.

3. Usoppu

Usoppu Well-Known Member

Cool idea, plus they should log it in the pokegear memos or something (it finally has a use! lol).

Btw what pokemon do you guys actually have in your party atm?
    You should add that info to the top of your trainer logs.

edit: wth cloudboii, you caught 2 shinnies within an hour of each other?... christ, u lucky.

4. Suiseiseki

That's part of the pain. I'll never see my fainted mons again.

It tends to change depending on what I'm doing. I don't always have Spiral with me, for example, but I will this time because I'm heading into Whirl Islands. For the record, my team as of now is:

Pybro (Typhlosion L51)
    ??? (??? L31)
    Magnus (Magneton L34)
    Spiral (Poliwag L20)
    Hydra (Gyarados L39)
    Mal (Pidgeotto L24)

5. hmfan

hmfan Well-Known Member

I guess it's my collector nature that makes me not want to get rid of them. I guess I would just be a body collector ^_^

6. Suiseiseki

Yeah, I've always been a collector, which makes for a nice change of pace.

7. hmfan

hmfan Well-Known Member

so how goes the challenge then? I may give it a shot with pokemon crystal (got it on my m3 using lameboy)

8. Usoppu

Usoppu Well-Known Member

Secret weapon? ???

9. AKOMISMO123

AKOMISMO123 Well-Known Member

I have a question...

What if your starter gets knocked, what then?

Are you gonna release it?

10. hmfan

hmfan Well-Known Member

unfortunately that is the rules of this challenge... any pokemon that gets KOed or has one hp from poison = release.

by the way I think rule 3 is unreasonable... I say that use of berries should be allowed outside of battle... but then again it's not my rules that are being set here. Oh where is the comic this is based one?

11. CloudBoii12

CloudBoii12 Well-Known Member

I don't think you understand the concept of CHALLENGE.

12. Suiseiseki

Yep.

For the record, only rules 1, 2 and 5 are 'official', but the others are in the spirit of Nuzlocke. Especially SET battle style.

EDIT: I've lost Magnus to Lugia. He took a critical Hydro Pump. We've had some great times, bro. RIP.

13. CloudBoii12

D: MAGNUS!
    </3

14. Suiseiseki

Rundown on the Elite 4:

Team:
    Pybro L52
    Arc L46
    Hydra L43
    RockAstley L40
    Ironhide L30
    Summer L35

Basically tore up everyone except Lance with no problems. Needed a fair few Full Restores and Hyper Potions though. Karen in particular was a pain, since the only Fighting-type move I had was Focus Blast on Typhlosion. Also wondering why like EVERYTHING had Double Team and Confuse Ray. What the fuck, man?

Lance? Well, he was tough. Dropped Arc down to 2HP with Aerodactyl's Rock Slide after I cleaned up Gyarados. His Dragonites made trouble with Outrage, managed to get Pybro out of there and get Arc healed enough to tear new assholes into all three Dragonites with Ice Beam. And then he sent out Charizard. A lucky Shadow Claw criticaled, killing Arc. Pybro switched in and revenged with his own Shadow Claw, winning the match and securing my place as Pokemon League Champion.

Arc was a serious powerhouse. He almost singlehandedly fucked up both Bruno and Lance, as well as being one of the two defensive walls that gave me time to heal Pybro. Without Arc, I may not have won this. Never a nobler boltbeamer I have had. RIP, bro. Our time together was short, but worth it.

I make for Kanto. I'm loathe to lose any more of my bros like this, but the game must continue.

15. CloudBoii12

Whoa, tough break. I've stopped playing, but reading this, now I want to play again :x

16. Suiseiseki

[​IMG]

17. CloudBoii12

My comic is here.
    Episode One; Choosing Your Pokemon
    [​IMG]
    Took about twenty minutes, I'm fairly happy with it.

18. Suiseiseki

Amazing. Simply amazing.

Also, been grindan my dudes to ever-higher levels for the finale against Red. Win or lose, my Nuzlocke run will be complete.

19. CloudBoii12

Inorite, how awesome is my comic :)
    Haven't played much PKMN recently :s