1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Suis vs. Soul Silver - Nuzlocke Style

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by Suiseiseki, Mar 29, 2010.

1. CloudBoii12

CloudBoii12 Well-Known Member

This really sucks.
    I've become extremely close with my Totodile, Chester, and my Sentret, Phoenix. They seriously do mean a lot to me.
    The other day, my Sentret hit 1 HP, and nearly fainted. I was literally on the verge of tears :/

2. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

That reminds me of my recent experience while I was training BATMAN. He got critted by Rattata, dropped down to 2HP.

Also, KRABBY GET! Looks like I'll be heading up the Lighthouse, then on to Cianwood.

3. tehuber1337

tehuber1337 Well-Known Member

4. Suiseiseki

Another companion has been lost. Krabmaster, my faithful Krabby, was hit by a Surf from Chuck's Poliwrath and died instantly. I could have prevented this if I'd just used Lava Plume...

RIP, Krabmaster. You will be missed.

5. klaimore

klaimore Well-Known Member

Too bad you can't make graves for Pokemon.

6. CloudBoii12

Or, CAN YOU!?
    I should make one for my Geodude.

7. Suiseiseki

Eliminated Jasmine. I have training to do, then I shall make for the Lake of Rage. I will not lose another bro.

8. CloudBoii12

T______________T
    Reveal your spoilers :p

9. Suiseiseki

Not until the comic gets done. Also, on another note, I lost Alessio in the Ice Path to a Delibird which I later caught. Terrible tradeoff, if you ask me. He may have been my Surf whore, but he had Toxic Spikes and everything. I was stupid and reckless. Delibird isn't even that good... ;-;

This also means I've smashed through Pryce and Team Rocket. I'm now training Hydra, Magnus and ??? south of Blackthorn City in preparation for Clair. Any suggestions as to what I should look at? Note that ??? will likely be quite useless this battle. She's for the Elite 4.

@George: Woah, grinding much? Seriously, a L30+ in Sprout Tower is insane, I'm usually that far ahead by Olivine City. Anyway, you're not losing out on much by evolving Croconaw. Screech at L39, Aqua Tail (which is rendered useless by Waterfall, Waterfall being vastly superior in every way) at L42, Superpower at L48 and Hydro Pump at L51 if you keep him like this. And you'd best evolve that Mareep, or rage will ensue. I always considered myself more of a Stantler, to be honest. =P

10. CloudBoii12

You're only a Mareep coz you're a Kiwi :p
    And yeah, hardcore grinding for the win. I'm actually going to start progressing through the game now xD
    Also, Aqua tail has more Damage than Waterfall, albeit less PP and Accuracy :p
    And one last thing, it's Aqua Tail at level 41 :)
    Another edit T_T
    You never really mentioned who Alessio was until recently :/

11. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

Look at any Smogon set using Waterfall or Aqua Tail. 9/10 it says Waterfall, with Aqua Tail being a replacement if the poke for some reason can't learn Waterfall.
    Waterfall
    80 bp, 100 accuracy, 20% flinch, 15 PP
    Aqua Tail
    90 bp, 90 accuracy, 0 effect, 10 PP
    That 90 accuracy will bite you in the ass when you need it most.

Keep in mind that low PP moves are horrible and should only be used in WiFi battles. The key here is endurance, not sheer power. You don't have that luxury of refilling that PP anywhere you go.

12. melfice666

melfice666 Well-Known Member

@Suisei: Lapras FTW at blackthorn gym

13. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

DD Gyarados and SD Feraligatr do just as nicely with Ice Fang.
    Also, Lapras is unobtainable due to already being in the Union Cave.

14. CloudBoii12

Derp, I put a move over my Croconaw's Ice Fang. Bad move?

15. melfice666

melfice666 Well-Known Member

ah sorry,forgot that rule

16. Suiseiseki

I defeated Clair using my Red Gyarados' Avalanche, Thunderbolt and Ice Fang. Why Avalanche? Because I've been grinding south of Blackthorn, and all you find down there are Graveller, Geodude, Skarmory and Teddiursa. Perfect for a half-assed EV train of Attack and Defense, which incidentally is perfect for a bulky Gyarados setup. He can take the hit and retaliate with a 2-4x effective 100 base power move. I hope. I'm pinning my hopes against Lance on this.

I'm in Cianwood at the moment preparing to head into the Whirl Islands for Lugia. I'm also torn on whether to attempt to capture it or simply defeat it. Probably capture. After that, Spirals is going to get trained and evolved into Poliwrath. Hydra will need to be at least Level 45. I'll grab the ExtremeSpeed Dratini from Dragon's Den and level it to at least 40. Mal will be evolved to Pidgeot. Magnus will be increased in level so he can take a couple Dragon-type moves. Then... the Elite Four. Anyone else got any suggestions, based on what I've got?

Terrible move.

17. Silvertie

Silvertie Well-Known Member

Agreed, Ice Fang is (for me) an incredibly useful move. It kills grass-types, dragons, has saved my ass by freezing enemies when I'm one move from losing the battle, and I think it causes flinching.

Also, quick question about your nuzlocke rules, suis: is the naming rule ABSOLUTELY essential? I love giving thoughtful names to pokemon as much as the next guy, but...

18. CloudBoii12

They're not his Nuzlocke moves, they're the "Official" Nuzlocke rules, and yes, it's ABSOLUTELY essential, because your Pokemon are like your best friends.

19. Suiseiseki

20% flinch chance, 10% freeze chance iirc.

Naming's not so much an official rule, but every bro I know on the official Nuzlocke boards does it. It helps build a connection, so yeah, it's pretty much essential. I, for one, am waiting anxiously for the conclusion of ROBOTv7's Champion Battle, accompanied by his faithful Blastoise Protoman.

EDIT:
    Just because I love you guys, I figured I'd show you a vid of me in action over this newfangled Wifi thing. The teams are a bit old and I'm a tad out of practice from the scene (that said I had a few matches in the days prior with people from /v/), but yeah.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gr5UQmTIyN0

20. CloudBoii12

Suis, is that your JAP SS?