1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Stupid sites.

Discussion in 'Gaming Lounge' started by allkratos, Aug 3, 2010.

1. allkratos

allkratos Well-Known Member

Not anymore. I agree with you guys. Its all opinion.

2. Yutrzenika

Yutrzenika Well-Known Member

Now that's better. :p

3. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

So I just spent about 8 hours or so yesterday not being able to play Starcraft II because Battle.net was down, clearly Blizzard is just a totally awesome company.

Gameplay wise I'm a much bigger fan of Supreme Commander 2 than Starcraft II. It feels like going back in time with the interface, for example if I want to build multiple supply depots or bunkers I have to hold shift and click multiple times, I can just click and hold to create a line of them. Also if I select a group of military units and there is a SCV amongst them repairing then that gets selected as well and I have to carefully unselect it from a group of unit pictures which is honestly not always easy to see the difference between. In Supreme Commander it will automatically only select the military units.

I don't know where this "highly polished" comes from, clearly the testers have been too busy gushing over playing a brand they love to actually see what's right in front of them.

4. allkratos

I prefer Company of Heroes over Starcraft 2 over Supreme Commander 2. So it all come down to preference.

5. unqiueninja

unqiueninja Well-Known Member

Now then you know >:D

6. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Company of Heroes is extremely well done as well, so that I can understand, I enjoyed that game thoroughly.

7. allkratos

Yes me too. A match in CoH where I came back for a victory is my greatest video game achievement.
    That game really allows a player with good backup to get back when he is dominated in early game.
    Sc2 as amazing as it is, is not designed around the concept. A better player will truly brutalized a lesser even if the lesser player has a better strategy and what not.

8. seriaku

seriaku Well-Known Member

How the hell does it hurt the metascore of a game with 90-95? you idiot, maybe if it was 60. Ratings mean nothing.

9. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

This does not surprise me in the least.

10. allkratos

Bnet will be down occasionally. The same case with WoW

11. Loonylion

Its down far more than 'occasionally'.

12. allkratos

Who is to blame? Mike Morhaime? Rob Pardo? or Bobby Kotick? Choose.

13. Loonylion

activision/vivendi senior management.

14. vietknightx

vietknightx Well-Known Member

lol no more bitching i guess ppl really can change well that was interesting to read for a while gets u steamed up thanks for the laughs

15. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Opinion is opinion.

Stop acting like my father and stay away from reading review scores, it'll only shorten your lifespan/enjoyment factor.

16. allkratos

How does your father has anything to do with it?

17. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

You remind me of him.

Rasnting about something that makes sense if you look at it from another point of view.

18. seriaku

seriaku Well-Known Member

Super mario galaxy 2 got the meta score of 97, because it DAMN well deserves it.

19. allkratos

It's a console Wii game. The standard for is different for the PC and the 360, PS3.

20. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

So are you saying games should only be compared to games on the same system?