1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Stupid sites.

Discussion in 'Gaming Lounge' started by allkratos, Aug 3, 2010.

1. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

He has the game.

2. allkratos

allkratos Well-Known Member

YES.
    I am dissatisfied about the review scores because I enjoy this game more than anything that Blizzard has ever put out, including WoW. I enjoy this game more than most games out there.

The review will hurt the sales because new potential players will look at this and look at some other inferior games that got higher score like Bayonetta or Modern Warfare 2 will choose them over the expertly crafted game such as this.

3. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

You get the award for worst cry baby of the year... seriously. Starcraft 2 is good, but it's not a 100 score. WoW isn't either, but you're god damn fanatic about SC2. Maybe you should get out a bit more.

4. allkratos

But How the Hell IGN gave console games like Bayonetta a 9.5 and Modern Warfare 2 a 9.5 as well?
    Those two games are clearly inferior and lacking in content to this expertly made game.

5. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

You can't spell ignorance without IGN ;)

6. alexong96

alexong96 Well-Known Member

True, true. XD

But seriously, reviews are just for the entertainment of the readers. Why whine about it? If you think SC2 should have gotten a better "score" then why don't you just make one yourself, here on RomU? The Review section is kinda dead, anyway.

7. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

In your opinion.

8. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

How odd, I actually like Modern Warfare 2 more than Starcraft 2. See it's this thing called *opinion* and quite frankly, the fact that you can't seem to accept that other people think differently than you do is down right scary. This is identical to being xenophobic or politically or religiously fanatic, only you're a game fanatic.

Just get over the fact that someone disagrees with and realize it's perfectly okay to have a different opinion... It'll make you a much nicer person to be around as well!

9. awesomebros

awesomebros Well-Known Member

I always thought gameplay videos were far more superior than a review.

10. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

you can't really compare the two.

11. awesomebros

awesomebros Well-Known Member

I know they're two different things, but they're generally more useful and have more content.

12. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

But sometimes they only show you the best bit, like a film that looks awesome on the trailer and turns out to be shite.
    I trust some reviews, you can usually tell if they are fanboys and a good honest review will point out the games flaws too.

13. allkratos

Not my opinion. Those critics also mentioned it but because it is an RTS they won't give it. Modern Glitchfare get it more.

14. Reider

Reider Modereider

The critics base the scoring based on their opinion which just happens to not match your opinion. Even so, the score that it got is usually indicative of a good game so I imagine that it's probably not going to bring about this so-called "loss of sales". Complaining about bias in a game review is pointless simply due to the fact that everybody is bias in some manner.

I honestly fail to see what the issue is because the game is getting excellent reviews anyways.

Also, Bayonetta is an excellent game so kindly shut your whore mouth.

15. allkratos

Bayonetta is great but this game is superior in top-bottom. Yes saying. I am okay right now as most sites gave it extremely high score. Only IGN gave it lower than that Modern Glitchfare 2.

16. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I think a good score is between the high 60s to 100+.

If it's between 9.0 and 10, I'm not complaining because of that.
    I think that Evil Twin should have gotten better ratings, but I don't like making spectacles of scores anyways. I know it's their opinion.

17. AstroGod

AstroGod Well-Known Member

Modern Glichfare? Someones being a fanboy. At least its fixable.

Anyways i liked the first starcraft better IMO! Keyword OPINION, which you really don't seem to understand. I would also rather play MW2 than Starcraft 2 anyday.

18. Griffandir14

Griffandir14 Well-Known Member

We all know that IGN has been bought and paid for, It's been that way for years. To be honest it wasn't even that good back when it was a free agent.

19. allkratos

fanboy? Modern Warfare 2 is one of the most overrated game ever and it is clearly inferior to Sc2. Game should rated based on quality not opinion.
    Post Merge: [time]1280981336[/time]
    The IGN reviewer is freaking FPS freak. No fucking clue playing RTS than whine about it being hardcore.

20. onivan69

onivan69 Member

There might be the hype for StarCraft 2, along with the not-so-bright fanboys out there. What I can't just stand is the need to milk from it.

I am a long StarCraft player, Ive played only in local tourneys, not always being the better and stuff. Yes I do own a valid and legit CD Key and RARELY go on B.Net, which sucks because of the power players and hackers.

There is at least 50% of people like me, who like StarCraft not for being the hype it was 10 years ago, but the SOCIAL game in which you could go in with your friends and have a good time, along with the heavy campaign story line.

StarCraft and StarCraft: BroodWar will ALWAYS be better than SC2: WoL NO MATHER WHAT ANYONE SAYS. The latter won't have nothing else than just... the temporary hype. It will NEVER fit in the shoes BroodWar is still USING, being the king of asian e-sports and I do hope asian people will never switch to SC2 to compete.

SC2 is just a sorry shadow of SC on steroids, and will die sooner than everyone expected. Just wait and see.

That bias being put, your comparation between a RTS and a FPS game is totally dumb, being none the point of comparation between them, your whole opinion and the purpose of existance for this thread is null and void. In other words: GO BAWWW SOMEWHERE ELSE, allkratos.

Thank you.