1. This forum is in read-only mode.

street fighter on ds

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by nemesis11, Sep 16, 2009.

1. nemesis11

nemesis11 Well-Known Member

well i wonder why a street fighter game was never released for ds?

2. ggrroohh

ggrroohh Well-Known Member

I'm guessing the buttons.

3. nemesis11

i dont see any problem with the buttons
    Post Merge: [time]1253097562[/time]
    the gba version was cool,the ds buttons are the same as the snes

4. Omega_2

Omega_2 Strings Cat

Well, I'm gone before I get dragged into something I don't even play :p

5. ggrroohh

ggrroohh Well-Known Member

I meant the quality of the buttons,I'm aware the SNES controler had 4 buttons too.

6. nemesis11

it depends,if youre using a ds lite the buttons will get destroyd easaly,but if its a dsi then there is no problem cause dsi buttons are the same as the first ds,they are a good durability

7. that3d-trapezoid

that3d-trapezoid Well-Known Member

I'd rather have another Bleach fighting game... With even more characters. And maybe improved visuals.

8. nemesis11

street fighter is the best 2d fighting game ,so it deserves to be released to the best nintendo portable console

9. Saudade

Saudade Member

Street fighter is just another button masher, why would you want to bring it to the DS? I played the original arcade versions until my fingers and eyes bled, I love street fighter, but there is no way they could bring it to the DS with any way of it being good.

It's old, It's outdated, it's still the same old thing. Show me something new, bring me another The World Ends With You innovation, something that isn't tired and reused for so many times.

If you really want a fighting game for the DS bring us a Super Smash Bro's for the DS. At least then there will be variety in the characters and gameplay.

10. nemesis11

well street fighter 4 isnt the same as the previous ones!!!the characters were 3d,they could have done street fighter 4 for ds even if the grafics suck

11. xmasterchefx

xmasterchefx Well-Known Member

What do the graphics matter? The game is set on a 2D level where you just move back and forth. If you make it classic sprite style. it would work, it doesn't really matter of the graphics being 3D or not.

12. nemesis11

i know but try to say that to them,they always say that street fighter on ds would break the buttons!!!well it wouldnt break if you are a good player and not a retard,and then they say street fighter is always the same ?well tekken and soul calibur and king of fighters is always the same too,and street fighter 4 had new charactres for those who dont know

13. theredevil962

theredevil962 Member

agreed. "some" players were just careless

14. Saudade

Saudade Member

But it's still the same game, there's nothing new, sure there's some nostalgia, but there's nothing special about it. It has no draw, it's just another game that's identical to the others.

15. zangief

zangief Well-Known Member

Orly? If that's the case, how come a lot of SF2 renditions still sell, like SSF2T HD Remix, for example?

16. nemesis11

hey dude tekken,king of fighter is still the same game too,but if you dont like street fighter you better not reply,cause it looks like youre an anti street fighter fan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!you say street fighter is still the same thing?take a look at street fighter 4,lol new generation street fighter!!!like ZANGIEF said street fighter still sells a lot,so why not a remake of street fighter 2 turbo for ds,but with the same characters of street fighter 4?or a marvel vs capcom ds it would still be a cool game!!!!! i bet that a street fighter game for ds would sell more than a king of fighters and bleach together

17. zangief

zangief Well-Known Member

woah! dude slow down on the caffeine! :D

anyway, like i said, if you don't like it, just say it. but do NOT post incorrect, not to mention totally ignorant, stuff about the franchise. it makes you look more like an idiot.

18. th3echelon89

th3echelon89 Well-Known Member

All we need is Street Fighter.

Mortal Kombat and Bleach is a different type of fighting game.

19. Rayder

Rayder Well-Known Member

Both Tekken and Street Fighter should be on the DS. I don't even want to hear that it can't be done, because that's BS.

The thing is, programmers can slap together some kiddie crap game far easier and still make money. Why should they actually try to make a good game on the DS when the kiddie/cutesy crap shovelware garbage sells and they didn't even have to work too hard to create it?

Both Tekken and SF on the DS are obvious no-brainers to any real gamer, but Capcom and Namco are obviously quite ignorant and don't want to rake in cash from a GOOD game. They would rather slap together garbage kiddie crap cartoon tie-in games, or a cookie-cutter RPG and sell it to you.

20. nemesis11

yep ur right ,nice speach