1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Stem Cell Research Could Probably Turn People into "Resident Evil" people

Discussion in 'Debates' started by 2DamCerius, Sep 29, 2010.

1. 2DamCerius

2DamCerius My eyes for your brain...fair trade.

I just wanted to see if people had any other way of going here. I have mixed feelings about it because it revolves around experimenting with human creation. I like the idea of it giving us people a chance to cure certain diseases or ailments of any sort, but I tend to worry about the consequences of such work. We can easily see the pros and cons to this sort of research.

You have to deal with both fertile and nonfertile, adult and embryonic cells. These things are the only source of tapping into the that area of medical field. Biologically this stuff would have to grow naturally become symbiotic or some sort, it would have to have a host in order to be fully nutured. Imagine if the newly engineered stem cells that offer cures have a funny way of transforming the host, let's just say they would not be themselves anymore.

I haven't even heard of any cures.

Let us expand upon this...?

2. buchichu

buchichu Well-Known Member

do you have any loved ones suffering from any of the ailments stem cell research has a good chance of curing or, at the very least, improving?

3. 2DamCerius

Not that I know of...but if I did I would be totally up for it. I mean I have been around people who are paralyzed, disabled, or with some STD. They are looking up to this sort of thing.

4. buchichu

buchichu Well-Known Member

exactly. there's no legitimate reason why we shouldn't be using the knowledge and technology we have available to us for the benefit of mankind. if we have ways to fix people who are fundamentally broken I haven't heard any reasons other than the ludicrous pro-lifers arguments and hypothetical "what ifs" with no actual evidence to back such fears and paranoias.

5. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I don't think it'll cause people to become zombies. It is amazing what can be done with them, but the source is the thing that bothers me.

6. 2DamCerius

True dat! Since we are here why not talk about how the original stem cells' hereditary characterisitics at the embyronic stage. It could create the required tissues of lets say bone marrow, the bones would no longer have to suffer low density.

7. awesomebros

awesomebros Well-Known Member

Can't they clone stem cells?

8. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I dunno.

9. phscarface

phscarface Well-Known Member

They maybe won't turn into zombies, but I dunno, I'm kinda afraid, maybe they become other kind of monster (Metro 2033 xD)
    I see the more man use it's knowledge, more and more he closes to his own destrution, see this by seeing nuclear shells around.
    One thing for sure, I'm stocking some ammo for future purposes lol.

10. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

no it can't.

11. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

So, uh, how does this first post have anything to do with Resident Evil's zombies? Seriously I can see any parallels being drawn here.

12. unqiueninja

unqiueninja Well-Known Member

It can't turn people into zombies ;D If they really did turn into one, we would just kill them, problem solved ;D

13. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

dont you just love people posting about stem cell without knowing what is stem cell really is?

stem cell is a blank cell that is capable of transforming into any type of cell. its not a virus that can turn people into zombie.

stem cell is useful to replace certain part of human body, like the brain cell as they cant be repair, using stem cell may able to replace the damage part. repairing damage cell will not turn people into zombie.

14. asdfth12

asdfth12 Well-Known Member

Im not going to say anything about this topic but the people who are agenst stem cell research because it destroys the cells should relise that they will be destroyed anyway if no use is found of them.