1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Standard controller for Wii

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ben360, Jul 5, 2011.

1. ben360

ben360 Well-Known Member

suppose but he does lots of other things e.g. computer mice tvs so i will ask him tomorrow

2. lewis9191

lewis9191 Well-Known Member

Get back. Since like I said it is two very seperate systems.

3. ben360

ben360 Well-Known Member

Could anybody tell me how it would be possible and what i have to do

4. alexong96

alexong96 Well-Known Member

Stop being so persistent. It's impossible to emulate the movements of the nunchuck and remote. The closest thing there is to a classic controller, is this:

[​IMG]

Which many games do not support with exception of Virtual Console games.

5. Fredbox

Fredbox Well-Known Member

To be honest, I disagree with everyone here. It would be possible to put a nunchuck and a wiimote into a different shell. You'd have to boot up a game using a normal Wiimote, and it would have to be a game that didn't need the pointer or motion controls (Smash bros Brawl for example). You have to include the infrared sensor and accelerometers, just so it definitely is recognised by the Wii, but they don't need to be useable.
    Can anyone tell me why that wouldn't work?

6. alexong96

alexong96 Well-Known Member

Iunno...maybe this?

7. Fredbox

...I don't follow.
    How is that showing that it wouldn't work?
    Sure, I'm not saying it's super convenient and easy, but it would be perfectly possible (just kinda pointless).

8. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

easily. He's trying to turn a motion controller that you have to wave around into a gamepad that you hold still and press buttons on. he is essentially trying to remove the entire motion aspect of the games.

9. Fredbox

Did you read my post? I said you could use it on games that don't use the motion controls. Re-read my post, and then try again.

10. Loonylion

He's trying to use it on games WITH motion controls. Hence it won't work.

11. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

just get rid of that little kids toy and get a real gaming console.

12. lewis9191

lewis9191 Well-Known Member

Its for families too :)

13. Fredbox

I missed that bit. Where does he say he wants to use the motion controls?

14. Loonylion

if it doesn't support the classic controller then its intended to be used with the motion controls.

15. Fredbox

Not neccesarily. Quite likely, yes, but it's quite possible some games that don't use motion or IR don't support the classic controller. I can't think of any examples, but there must be some. If you don't intend to use the motion controls or IR, then I see no reason why you shouldn't be able to put it all into a more normal game pad style shell.

16. awesomebros

awesomebros Well-Known Member

If you wanted to exit a game, you would need to press the home button and then aim your controller at the exit/settings button. Every button except for your A button, home button, and your power button is useless there.

Same goes for your home screen, meaning you can't select any games.

17. Fredbox

Yeah, I know. But it would be possible (and realatively simple) to make, that's my point.

18. leilaop

leilaop New Member

Its for the pc though..But you could try Razer Hydra. I have one and its epic @_@

19. ben360

ben360 Well-Known Member

Thank you!

It would be possible!!
    Post Merge: [time]1310242838[/time]
    And little kids toy I have a £1000 pc

20. gaynorvader

gaynorvader Well-Known Member

It would be possible to put a wii controller in a 360 or PS3 shell, but it still would not work on games that require the IR sensor as it would just constantly tell you that the IR sensor is pointing outside of the screen.

[quote author=ben360]
    And little kids toy I have a £1000 pc
    [/quote]
    They were talking about the Wii being a little kid's toy.