1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Square-Enix finally does something about the ROM Modifying community

Discussion in 'Emulation News' started by Cahos Rahne Veloza, May 10, 2009.

1. thedarkmessenger

thedarkmessenger New Member

Ever since Sakaguchi left the company, I've slowly but surely began losing faith in Square. Moves like this one aren't exactly helping...

2. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

I agree with you on this point, sadly after Sakaguchi left, Square started to lose it's creative juices. I actually thought the merger of Square & Enix could curb this as we're talking about THE two kings of RPGs here & truth be told, at the start it was but now... meh back to milking their old franchises. Add to this this recent move by them :(

3. redoperator

redoperator Well-Known Member

dude, hacking roms makes it more enjoyable, and boosts the replay value, in my books its nothing to scoff at

4. azlanshah

azlanshah Well-Known Member

i agree with you XD...we can do whatever we want..translations etc..cause thet suck..a year later then u version came out..

5. Aegix

Aegix Well-Known Member

This just annoys me with SE.

If Square-Enix was actually making a Crono game, I could see them being upset. But they are NOT making naother crono game, and they don't seem to be planning to ever do so. So why are they denying the fans the chance to make their own and fill in the gaps in the story in their own way?

It's just making people mad. If they would let them make the game, then they could use this as hype and then use it to springboard the popularity of the crono series, before putting Crono Cross on the PSN, or something.

I mean...is Nintendo suing the guys who made Zelda classic (a zelda game maker)? Is Capcom suing the makers of the Mega Man movie? Is SEGA suing the guys who made that awesome 3D sonic Fan game? NO! So why the hell is SE being stupid? oy....

6. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

It's because Square-Enix is owned by a Jew :p <- South Park pun in case someone gets offended.

Er... no, seriously, I agree with you. All they're doing currently is milking off their older games by re releasing them or revamping them a little. But you did forget, Nintendo too is being a dick as well. Ever read those other threads here on RomUlation about Nintendo suing supporters of Flashcarts & the homebrew channel on the Wii?

Bottom line is, they seem to want to have a monopoly on the gaming industry, so they impede enthusiasts' progress by cutting of ROM Hacking & homebrew altogether. A bad move indeed seeing several homebrew makers & ROM Hackers do have innovative game concepts that the big rigs didn't even explored on.

7. redoperator

redoperator Well-Known Member

I should make a final fantasy game and shove it in their faces... wish me luck