1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Sony finally comes clean on why PSN is down

Discussion in 'General News' started by Reider, Apr 27, 2011.

1. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

http://definitions.uslegal.com/c/computer-hacking/

Computer hacking is broadly defined as intentionally accesses a computer without authorization or exceeds authorized access. Various state and federal laws govern computer hacking.

They accessed sony's shit without authorization

2. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

Nice, I was looking for something like that :)

3. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

its incorrect though. Breaking into a network or computer system is termed cracking. Hacking refers to the process of reverse engineering or modifying a system or software to make it do something outside of its original specification. The former is malicious, the latter is not.

4. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

Dang dude, why do you seem to take such offense to someone saying Sony was hacked.
    Post Merge: [time]1305746869[/time]
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hacker_%28computer_security%29

Your definition is pretty old Loony,

In today's society understanding the term "hacker" is complicated because it has many different definitions.

Like it said, the term today has many different definitions, you can't really compare it to an archaic and old definition of the word hacker. Meanings to words change over time.

5. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Not old, just the term being misused by the media until the public have come to understand it to mean something other than what it means to members of the IT community. Exactly like what has happened to the term 'bandwidth'.

6. msg2009

I think calling people faggots and telling them to shut their mouths was a bit rude, especially as it is debateable and even the meaning of the word itself is debateable.

7. lewis9191

lewis9191 Well-Known Member

Also wouldn't calling someone a faggot fall under the rules of no homophobic post ?

8. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

Am I allowed to say 'faggot' if it's blindingly obvious I'm being sarcastic, like "I'll fuck your faggot ass with my hetero dick no homo". I have gay friends and they laugh.

Actually, don't answer that. I'm just kidding around.

9. kenny6457

kenny6457 Well-Known Member

*wonders if me did put any card info on psn*
    DAMN i cant remember

10. Paddette

Paddette Well-Known Member

I had faggots the other day. One of my favourite meals.

11. msg2009

You put faggots in your mouth?

12. Paddette

Oh most certainly. I love faggot balls in my mouth.

13. darkrequiem

darkrequiem Well-Known Member

No, he said "faggots". It's not against the rules to call someone inanimate twigs. :3

14. Paddette

You've misread. A faggot was measurement of twigs, not the twigs themselves.

15. darkrequiem

darkrequiem Well-Known Member

It can also refer to just the twigs itself.

16. msg2009

Heres a pic of you lot, you bunch of faggots.
    [​IMG]

17. Paddette

Mmmmmm. I love them.

18. Renesha

Renesha Guest

I got kicked out of the bookstore today. Apparently I wasn't allowed to move Kate McCann's book into the murder mystery section.

19. timmy1991

timmy1991 Well-Known Member

um ok.....

we look delicious btw

20. houstontx224

houstontx224 Well-Known Member

They sure are taking there time getting things back up. From what Ive read on the internet..the offerings that they are giving dont really interest me. I pretty much own all of the games that they will let us " have " once they get up and going. Only one that interests me is Dead Nation..Thought about downloading that one before. Anyone read when they might have it back up?

HoustonTX224