1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Sonic Classic Collection & HEAPS OF AP TROUBLED GAMES FIXED for DSTT,R4,R4SDHC.

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Halo-101, Apr 6, 2010.

1. rafa2008

rafa2008 New Member

Re: Sonic Classic Collection A Real Fix for DSTT,R4,R4SDHC & JNESIS DS VERSION.

I got to play at my R4 on nintendo ds lite, here i will post what i did:
    - 1° I used one card for 128 MB then i format it in FAT32;
    - 2° I put the latest R4 kernel update(1.18) at the card.
    - 3° I put at the card the wood kernel download at my card: http://www.r4li.com/download/woodr4.html, extract and the place _rpg directory and the _DS_MENU.DAT into the ROOT of your microSD card
    - 4° I downloaded the rom 4726 - Sonic Classic Collection - USA and then extract and put at the card.
    - 5° Try it out, it worked for me.

2. yusef

yusef New Member

m

3. CloudBoii12

CloudBoii12 Well-Known Member

Mm, yes, I totally agree.

4. king_leo

king_leo Well-Known Member

this is for my friend not me since i got a cyclods do you put the root folder or just the _rpg and _DS_MENU.DAT

5. Omega_2

Omega_2 Strings Cat

Just the _rpg and the .dat in the root. Overwrite the one .dat there, remove the previos r4 fw/ysmenu/fail

6. paulsssss

paulsssss Member

Am I missing something there seems to always be fixes for R4 but I have never used one yet the games on the first post I have tried and played most of them including sonic and saga all stars racing (sonic and saga only on R4i card though) and it works fine all I did was delete old firmware files and add new firmware from here http://www.r4i.co.uk/r4 and no issues at all.

I do not copy the moonshi file though as card is for my boy and don't want him getting in the settings menu.

The only game I had issue with was Zelda at the train point but otherwise I never have problems as long as I keep firmware updated.

7. Rod182

Rod182 Well-Known Member

Most people who don't have a DSi are better off playing the original games on jenesisDS. Sonic & Knuckles aside, the emulation's worse on the retail game, and you have less options.

Only recent SEGA could screw up a compilation, really. At least Sega Arcade Classics on the GBA was optimized for the system, and had OutRun on the go!

8. Omega_2

Omega_2 Strings Cat

Heh, don't even need a dsi to play SCC to know how bad it lags and drops frames XD

9. m3xicanjo3

m3xicanjo3 Well-Known Member

i downloaded the files open my dstt menu and replaces the files in the menu and it worked on my dstti card with the 1.17a12 and tried every game it it actually works for those who don't trust him shame on you! i don't see why anyone on here would try to harm or mess anything up we are here to unite! and help eachother good work on the post man saved me!

10. Kiekoes

Kiekoes Guest

What was wrong in Het Huis Anubis: Het Geheim van Osiris?

11. Omega_2

Omega_2 Strings Cat

And therin lies the problem.
    If people actually helped each other more, nobody would be stuck with a cart(usually suggested on bad advice and lack of general knowledge in the subject) waiting for weeks for a 'patch', when there are clearly better carts out there for about the same price, and yet everyone seems to develop 'fanboyism', even if they have several brands, thus resulting in flame-wars, and mass bans.

12. m3xicanjo3

m3xicanjo3 Well-Known Member

yea what he said...(laugh out loud)

13. aussie2761

aussie2761 New Member

i have tried sonic classic and the sonic all stars games on a R4dsi gold card but it wont work.does anyone know how to fix please.

14. Omega_2

Omega_2 Strings Cat

I swear, TOO many 'R4' clones ._.

15. Halo-101

Halo-101 Well-Known Member

r4stillalive.weebly.com the ultimate r4 original super site (transfer from the webs page as the webpage is shut down)

16. Omega_2

Omega_2 Strings Cat

...are you telling me you're still wasting your time violating more freebie web-hosting sites' ToS and/or EULA?
    Just mentioning the r4 is enough for them to terminate your accounts. Stop making the internet hate you. :\
    Do something better with your spare time, play a game or something.

Why do people insist on further damaging the community and what little is left of the reputation of old carts? >_>

17. Halo-101

actually i fixed it up so there is no more roms,patched roms or precompiled ysmenu or ttmenu. :) so i made it totally legit

18. Omega_2

Omega_2 Strings Cat

yet, the 'R4' itself is the cause of it, it falls under the 'how to' and 'circumvent copyright protections' in almost ALL ToS/EULA

19. dino340

dino340 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

20. Halo-101

so then if im not allowed to create a website howcome there is romulation which hosts rom images of the games and the forums section just blatently talks about ds chipping and getting games to work?