1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Sonic Classic Collection & HEAPS OF AP TROUBLED GAMES FIXED for DSTT,R4,R4SDHC.

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Halo-101, Apr 6, 2010.

1. Halo-101

Halo-101 Well-Known Member

Re: Sonic Classic Collection FINALLY A REAL FIX FOR R4,DSTT + More

its actually a working patch as i have got it from romu clean unpatched put my dscovered r4 version on there added in the fix files and its created a 32mb savefile and is working perfectly no freezes at all and i can save perfectly

2. Rod182

Rod182 Well-Known Member

Hooooly crap, is this for real?
    Are there any updates on the probgram code itself, or is it still the same old JenesisDS 0.7.4 we know and love?

Also, you completely forgot to mention Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey for some unusual reason.

3. Halo-101

V0.74 It is and off the wikipidia compatibitliy list for Jnesis DS v0.74 :

Sonic the Hedgehog - Runs great! The ONLY glitches I've seen are that Sonic doesn't spin properly in the special stage and there may be some slight graphical flickering in the water level. No speed issues whatsoever!

Sonic the Hedgehog 2 -Runs great! No slowdowns. Slight possible flickering in some water-filled areas. The special stage looks a little rough. Nearly flawless! Very fun!

Sonic the Hedgehog 3 -Runs great! Similar minor problems to the other Sonic games. Almost perfect!

Sonic and Knuckles -Runs great! only noticeable glitches were in the Lava Reef boss and Sky Sanctuary. The Lava Reef boss fight against Robotnik doesn't display the lava flow properly. Instead of tilting the screen and making the lava flow angle properly, the lava sometimes obscures part of the screen. It makes it a little hard to see the fight, but it's not TOO bad.

4. Omega_2

Omega_2 Strings Cat

then the way Lordus got around that is by turning the magma into a staircase >_>

5. viperver1

viperver1 Active Member

And this doesn't work on R4 Ultra? :(

I heard people did say that YSMenu doesn't work on R4 SDHC. I wish that it did though instead of having to wait till someone discovers a way to make it work on it.

6. Kirote

Kirote Member

I'd hate to be a bother, but can someone post a link to the pre-fixed Sonic Collection? I'm not too tech-savvy at all, and as much as I want the game, the risk of ruining my flash cart is a bit too high for tinkering to begin.

7. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

The rom itself isn't patched, so there is no prepatched rom to download. This fix is a firmware fix. You need to take the downloaded files and put them on your flashcart.

8. Kirote

Kirote Member

so on my R4 (real) I simply add the files (excluding ReadMe), These games will work?

9. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

You need to be using Ysmenu or DSTT 1.17a12 firmware, and you put the downloaded files in the TTMenu folder. The Savlib.dat Extinfo.dat Infolib.dat files.

10. Halo-101

Or dscovered r4 precompile version including ttmenu v1.a12 found @ r4stillalive.webs.com

11. toyeboy

toyeboy Member

I got my roms from romu....and I looked at that ttmenu V1.a12 download and I'm guessing it won't work on my R4SDHC..? So the R4SDHC is a clone? i honestly had no idea and thought it was top of the line as they seem to be going strong on their offical website.
    but oh well it was only $15. But now with ur "real fix" GTA, Sonic classic, Sonic racing all work now in the "Pandora" patch...and they didn't b4. Only games at this moment that i've tried that don't work are Warioware DIY, and Mario and Luigi Browsers inside story..I'm saying it has pretty good compatiblity so far eventhough it seems to be getting bashed a lot on this site :)

12. Halo-101

ttmenu is working on r4 sdhc: http://www.mediafire.com/?w1judgwdzlj

1.copy all the files in the YSMENU Folder of the archive to the root of the card

2.Download The Fix files and add them into the TTMENU Folder on your micro sd card that youve just added

3.take out your micro sd card

4.put it in the r4sdhc

5.launch ysmenu.nds from the root of the micro sd card

6.now launch your troublesome game(a.ka. for u warioware diy and bowsers inside story)

U R OFFCIALLY WELCOME ,NOW BECOME A MEMBER AT R4STILLALIVE.WEBS.COM

13. Omega_2

Omega_2 Strings Cat

Re: Sonic Classic Collection A Real Fix for DSTT,R4,R4SDHC & JNESIS DS VERSION.

Compiled version of YSmenu, author specifically stated that NO compiled versions are to be made, or else development will cease.
    Nice going.

14. kieran-123

kieran-123 Well-Known Member

umm yeah i already made a post about this...

15. azlanshah

azlanshah Well-Known Member

It Works With My YSenu DSTT R4..BTW Bought R4 on December And R4 Rockz!!!So Far You Guys Must Wait For A Patch/Fix For R4 Users Out There.Be Patient!

16. Omega_2

Omega_2 Strings Cat

I know, I think it takes triple posting to get it noticed and paid any attention to, these days >_>

17. toyeboy

toyeboy Member

I did this and i'm getting an "error code 4- DLDI unknown"? these two games only

18. KentaZX

KentaZX Guest

what is this " jenesis DS version"? is it like the better version of scc or something?

19. rchuncleskeleton

rchuncleskeleton Well-Known Member

Jenesis DS is an emulator for the DS, which allows you to run sega genesis roms on the DS thus allowing you to get the original sonic games made for the sega genesis and play them on the nintendo ds

20. eaithegrimreaper

eaithegrimreaper Well-Known Member

I just wanna know if the R4 SDHC fix is for the R4 SDHC I have. The firmware is currently at 1.34 and from www.r4sdhc.com. Will it work on my card?

And as a second question in case all else fails, is there a way to make Sonic 3 and Knuckles work on JenesisDS?