1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Sonic Classic Collection & HEAPS OF AP TROUBLED GAMES FIXED for DSTT,R4,R4SDHC.

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Halo-101, Apr 6, 2010.

1. Omega_2

Omega_2 Strings Cat

Re: Sonic Classic Collection FINALLY A REAL FIX FOR R4,DSTT + More

Sorry, but the 'R4' is past it's prime.
    Move on, people, R4 is considered "OLD, UNRELIABLE JUNK" by the mods of RomU, GBAtemp, and other places that have actual intelligence and common sense,
    and we dare not question them, or would you? The AceKard2 makes most of these 'patches' unnecessary, too :\
    Have you guys SEEN how bad RomUlations comments get when a game "DOESN'T WORK ON MY R4, FIX IT NAO!!"? And on GBAtemp, basically brought to it's
    knees with the same crap over 1 new game that has any form of Anti-Piracy. GBAtemp went down for hours at a time when HG/SS (J) came out, why did it go down?
    completely unacceptable behavior by impatient R4/TopToyDS owners who have zero patience and a love of flooding the forums.
    Long post is long...
    These latest "R4"'s are just another company trying to milk people out of money by copying the old hardware and software, of a cart that DIED in April 2008, and yet people know and don't care, as long as they don't have to pay much to run them for a couple of months before it breaks on them, then they have to go buy ANOTHER 'R4' that will break, too. A flash cart is an investment, you should not go cheap with investments. People should make a proper investment by getting something they know is actually getting support, doesn't rely on blue moon 'patches', and aren't of cheap build quality
    EDIT: IRC people keep telling me to put this here: tl;dr

2. CloudBoii12

CloudBoii12 Well-Known Member

IRC People = GENOCIDEGeorge = CloudBoii12.
    So, basically, I count as more than one person to you? :p

3. dogfood

dogfood New Member

Hi

First off thanks for all the hard work peeps have been puting in

I seem to get a -

ROM loading error

load rom errcode = -5

Anyone have a solution?
    Using R4 original, Ysmenu with the updates attached to this thread

4. mikeyg316uk

mikeyg316uk Member

this still doesnt fix world of zoo (e) and 7 wonders 2(E) still gettin -4 error

5. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

I have an R4 original, and honestly, I've had few issues. So I had to wait about 2 weeks for a patch? And? I just kept myself busy doing other things, playing other games, etc. Why would I go drop $20+ on a card when I don't have to? It might be because I'm not one of the people who comes running into the forums screaming "FIX MAH R4 NAO!", but waiting for a fix isn't that bad. There are now fixes for every game that the masses want to play.

Honestly, I don't get why people were still waiting on Classic Collection. People already posted that it is junk compared to the original games that you can play on your DS through the jEnesis emulator. Pokemon, DIY, SMT: SJ (I think), and Sonic and Sega Racing all have an almost identical fix (except that Pokemon used the already widely known Child's Play Patch). I would call the card far from dead, as patches are coming out in a timely manner, and there is yet to be a game that R4 couldn't play that a lot of people were anticipating.

I can't speak for the billions of clones out there though. If patches that come out for R4 don't work on your clone, well, I guess that is what you get for buying a knock-off.

6. eaithegrimreaper

eaithegrimreaper Well-Known Member

^ Exactly. And I'm not just saying this because I'm stuck with one myself (actually, I have a clone of the original). The R4 just seems to have more trouble working around certains AP's that other cards apperently breeze through. Especially my card, which is the crappier of the clones, but it still plays most of the games I want.

Got my card for $9 and with the NES emulator, GBC emulator, and all the DS games that my card can run, it's well worth the money.

7. Omega_2

Omega_2 Strings Cat

SuperCard DSONE had SCC running before Seph decided to release it to the rest of RomU, something even the CycloDS had trouble with till it's next update, so stronger/cheaper is not always better :p

8. I K K E

I K K E Well-Known Member

where do i have to put extinfo,savlib,infolib on my R4, they normally aren't on my card.

9. Halo-101

Halo-101 Well-Known Member

10. I K K E

Can there be switched on the R4 with this? I now have YSmenu auto, and i can switch between R4 menu and YSmenu when i want.

11. Halo-101

u can switch between ysmenu and coverflow b y holding b when loading a game or u could just download the new ttmenu v1.a12 updated firmware and replace the extinfo,savlib,infolib in ur current firmware :)

12. I K K E

okay, thanks

13. Halo-101

14. I K K E

It didn't work.
    With YSmenu auto i could switch between the normal R4( wich starts with a menu where can be choosen between games, moonshell and GBA games) and YSmenu.

15. Frivera360

Frivera360 Guest

Where do you download the newest ysmenu

16. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

Useless until it fixes Jam Session 2 and Bejeweled Twist, so this topic shouldn't even exist.

17. toyeboy

toyeboy Member

DIY warioware, and Browers inside story still don't work with this patchi get the white screens...but the sonic racing sonic classics and GTA all work now. thanks I have an R4SDHC

18. Omega_2

Omega_2 Strings Cat

GTA was supposedly fixed AGES ago XD

19. Halo-101

for warioware u must use a clean unpatched rom (use the one from romulation) and u must have ttmenu V1.a12 if the saving doesnt create a 32mb save file download and use the savlib.dat from v0.03 of my r4 dscovered firmware i think i dunno it might be just u did u get it from romulation?

20. Omega_2

Omega_2 Strings Cat

IIRC, RomU was the one that had it up first, and people are just trying too hard to get it working with silly patches, the AceKard2 with AKAIO1.6b clearly beat everyone this time XD