1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Sonic Classic Collection AP Chat

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by JazzyBunny, Feb 26, 2010.

1. BlueSonikku

BlueSonikku Well-Known Member

Hmmmmm now I'm at a cross roads... I love my old games (still play them on my old Genesis..am I the only one that still has one of these things :eek:? ) and yet...I'm hearing it's not anything near as good as the originals (which is expected after all) but...it is Sonic...do I follow my head or my fantard heart? ::)

Such a dilemma.

I think I'll take my chances and get it anyway. Though as it stands for now I need the R4 patch. I guess until then, I will play them on my chunky non-portable.

2. rangete

rangete Member

whoa dude, srsly? did you just say that or can you really do it?

3. Xalfrea

Xalfrea Well-Known Member

Huh, at least you got the originals to play while waiting for the never-to-come R4 fix. I got jack nothing.

4. BlueSonikku

BlueSonikku Well-Known Member

The old ones shouldn't be to hard to find. Possibly cheaper too. Or you could always emulate?

I just hope that it's not going to be a complete disappointment. IE: Music distort, glittchyness all over. That always seems to ruin things, reading back it seems there are a few issues with the rom.

5. dragneon007

dragneon007 Well-Known Member

Ok I got it working with Akaio 1.5 and strangly it wasn't working before?

I formated the micro SD card and placed the VENOM dump on my MicroSD along with Akaio 1.5 and it works.
    However I couldn't get it to work with 1.5.1 I kept getting save data could not be accessed.

6. Xalfrea

It turns out downloading the genesis roms and playing them with jEnesisDS isn't much better anyway.

jEnesisDS genesis roms doesn't even have a working S3 & K, and the classic collection has the save anywhere feature.

7. Sinister Swiss

Sinister Swiss Active Member

I still have mine set up too. :D
    Hell, I even bought Zero Wing only a few weeks back, damn that game's awesome. XD

I'll just sit and play these again on Mega Collection on my Wii. I hear someone's working on a patch for another cart which MAY have compatibility with our R4's! There IS hope!

8. Xalfrea

Gee, I hope that this patch with the other cart will work for R4. I tried looking around my shops, NONE of them are selling Acekard or Supercard.

9. nitemarezero147

nitemarezero147 Well-Known Member

DSi's come with a region-lock so it wont work

10. KentaZX

KentaZX Guest

well i couldn't get it to work on my R4 chip with ys menu. obvious much. HOWEVER

i tried it on my bros R4i.. on 1.56 kernel it the chip frozed. but with new 1.58 kernel, the game loaded o-o. trying out the game right now. (if this works all the way, my bro is a lucky basterd between me and him today)

EDIT: okay on the R4i it seems the games has tiny bits of glitches, not big but yea. the frame rate seems odd when you run but not so effective and the game doesnt lag, (maybe its the DS itself?) and also when i beat the first special stage on sonic 3/3 and knuckles, when you get a continue after beating it, itll play the stage done sound silently. weird.

other than that i tried the 1st stages each games and seems okay.

11. Covarr

Covarr Member

DSi's come with a region-lock for DSi games. DS games should be able to play on other-region DSi's.

12. gameboy5.0

gameboy5.0 Well-Known Member

maybe a hex editor might help or re dumping the rom

13. nitemarezero147

nitemarezero147 Well-Known Member

O RLY? i never knew that i thought i blocked all foreign games didnt know it was just DSi games

14. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

It is a really good game. Nice to play!

15. mastersworddude

mastersworddude Active Member

It is working for me, but I don't get why its not working for anyone else.. could it be that it doesn't work on Acekard 2i? Because I use regular Ackeard 2 and it works fine.

16. timmyisme22

timmyisme22 New Member

Well, been working on my EZ-V every since romulation initially posted it up. I think it had 20-30 comments when I grabbed it.
    Running EZ-V on RC12 update (updated when I added the rom to my mSD card). Can't speak for EZ-Vi but it works fine on mine. Posted more info at my GBAtemp post
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=211941&st=90&gopid=2639522&#entry2639522

Can confirm for the EZ-V line working though (not the DSi line). Works like a charm and saves/loads great.

*EDIT*
    If you don't like going through to another site for posts, it seems that the retail cartridge also has a bit of sluggishness (though not much) that happens when you run fast. I experienced it, it's barely noticeable. It runs great all the same.

17. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

I have the Ez Flash Vi and yes it works.
    And I think you don't know already but there is a newer kernel out!

18. timmyisme22

timmyisme22 New Member

I know. I don't bother uploading new kernal's if I don't need them. Also, haven't needed to update since R11 anyways, but felt I might as well since I was changing my roms on my mSD card. I only change them every month or so (barely play it anymore).

19. Xalfrea

So at most, how often does an R4 AP patch for these AP protected games is developed?

20. KentaZX

KentaZX Guest

as far i know from Mario and luigi : bowser inside story. it took a while for me to play it since the rom pros were busy with the getting the AP roms to work other cards usually first. so dont expect it to come very soon maybe.