1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Sonic Classic Collection AP Chat

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by JazzyBunny, Feb 26, 2010.

1. Umbreon999

Umbreon999 New Member

Works on EZ Flash Vi with the latest firmware

2. cottonballs64

cottonballs64 Active Member

Oh... well then it's a good thing I downloaded it this morning, before going to school.

3. latexink

latexink Member

Confirmed "working" Akaio 1.5, Acekard 2i, DSi.. minor graphical glitches

4. SolidSonic

SolidSonic Member

By God, you're right.

ROFL. Surprised that worked. What made you attempt a downgrade to get this game working?

5. Sinister Swiss

Sinister Swiss Active Member

I'm hoping this'll have an R4 fix soon...I don't have a clue on how to get DSEmu's running on the R4. :p

*goes back to Picross 3D*

6. Makoto03

Makoto03 Active Member

is it possible to have both loaders on my Acekard at same time? I mean can i put both on my microsd card, and switch between them when using my Acekard?

7. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

If you mean both firmwares, then no.

You can't unless you have 2 micro sd cards. or keep on deleting them on your computer.

8. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

You can have multiple loaders on your AKAIO menu. I wonder if you can rename the AKAIO 1.5 loader and put it in as a loader?
    http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php?title=AKAIO#Official_AK2_Loader
    I also heard it works with the latest official Acekard firmware works with the sonic collection, so you could use that official loader.

I haven't tried much with my Acekard2i. I put AKAIO 1.5.1 on it and gave it to my mother for christmas. So I haven't been able to play with it much.

9. oiee

oiee Member

So M3Simply don't, right?
    I have one, and got the game. It just shows just untitled when choosing the game, and just a blnk screen when i start it.
    BUT I have the 1.14 firmware. Is it not the latest, is it?

10. Xalfrea

Xalfrea Well-Known Member

So I hear that this isn't even a port, it's a freaking emulation? Maybe that's why the AP is so hard to crack.

Dangnabit Sega, why must to suck and fail again at a compilation and not handle stuff on your own?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ge4_0jF2nc

I'll still download and play it, even if this AP crack will take forever, and even if it's cracked, how the heck will it work on an R4?

11. juming

juming Member

Yes, I put in a zip file both AKAIO loader version 1.5.1 and 1.5, so whenever I need to play Sonic Collection just extract and overwrite ak2loader in folder loaders inside __aio, and when I want play the others just extract and overwrite that file with 1.5.1's loader that also zipped in same folder, anyway I use dscompress 1.3 to do extraction.

12. Josh241294

Josh241294 Well-Known Member

That seems like a little chore, don't you think?

13. juming

juming Member

I think not too difficult, if you read my explanation maybe it seems to complicated, in fact I just use D-pad and an "A" button to do that task, but for first time I need to make an zip of both version loader (both version share same 1 filename), after that, I don't need computer to do, jus run dscompress.nds inside my DSL and navigate to /__aio/loaders/ and press "A" to desired loader, after that power off and on again and I already use desired firmware.

14. Omega_2

Omega_2 Strings Cat

Ok, so Sonic 1 has level select and debug mode, so yeah XD

15. oiee

oiee Member

- this IS an emulation NOT a port or a remake, it fakes enough of the Genesis hardware to be playable
    - it is actually a modified version of JenesisDS, the creator is given acknowledgment in the credits (more proof SEGA can't make their own crap)
    This is from a Gamefaqs post.

I woudn't bet that SEGA didn't get the Sonic 1 ROM from some site and used it, sice they lost the original game models for Sonic 1, and made something of lesser quality for the GBA...

16. Omega_2

Omega_2 Strings Cat

game models? the genesis doesn't use game models, 16-bit was mostly sprites
    Also, you'd be surprised who has what these days.

17. dragneon007

dragneon007 Well-Known Member

I have akaio 1.5 and it doesn't work... what exactly did you do? I'm using my ds light with akaio 1.5 could it be a bad rom?

I got it off the download thread on romulation.

18. SolidSonic

SolidSonic Member

Decided to go back to AKAIO 1.5.1. My save data doesn't work after I upgraded so I'll just hang onto 1.5.1 until a solution to run SCC in 1.5.1 (or higher) is found.

19. Xalfrea

Xalfrea Well-Known Member

IIRC, it wasn't even stated prior to release that it was an emulation. In fact it was marketed in the adverts and info that it was, in fact, a port.

20. Omega_2

Omega_2 Strings Cat

it's emulated, there is consistent tearing and corruption of the sprites if you do it right.
    Why else would it have to load the games for a few moments?
    the only games that I've seen with a loading screen IIRC was NFS Most Wanted