1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Sonic Classic Collection AP Chat

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by JazzyBunny, Feb 26, 2010.

1. romy46

romy46 Member

Hey Manny, I just got an email from a buddy in regards to sega al stars which i get the same error as sega classic saying there is a new kernal for the r4 v1.24 dated 11-26-2009. its on the site (http://www.r4li.com/) I havent tried it yet but I downloaded it . the _ds_menu.dat is a little bigger and the date is 11-26-2009. if you or anyone else wants to give it a shot, let me know.. i dont want to mess around with it until someone can confirm it works. my daughter is hooked on the ds and i dont want to update the kernal because i really dont know how to.. someone said back it up save the .sav files. but i had a buddy do all this for me and he is away overseas (mideast) so i will wait to see if it works for others and hopefully they can tell me how to go about re formatting or upgrading or whatever i need to do. thanks. this forum is great..

2. KentaZX

KentaZX Guest

dldi patch YSMENU? |: ooor the youre saying patch the game for the YSMENU?

3. violent

violent New Member

any news on a patch?

4. Xalfrea

Xalfrea Well-Known Member

If there was news I'm pretty sure it would have been posted. But it's possible patchers are focused on the more on-demand HG/SS right now.

At any rate, I've given up on the R4. As soon as I finished Bowser's Inside Story (Original cart), I'm buying an acekard2i and putting away the R4. And I suggest everyone else do the same.

5. gameboy5.0

gameboy5.0 Well-Known Member

yha i mean r4 is a nice card but this pathcing is anyoing i am going to try and get a acekard2i for my birthday so i can play this game with out proplems

6. klaimore

klaimore Well-Known Member

I know, I seriously have my doubts about R4. Every game there is with anti-piracy, there is always in need of a patch. To make it worse, there are a bunch of clones lieing around everywhere, and it may only work on the original *or not*

7. Alithepro1

Alithepro1 Well-Known Member

i wanna play this game but i get the "Rom load error = 4" :(

8. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

You'll get that. It's very likely a combination of Anti-Piracy and the fact that the game was built using the DSi's Software Development Kit, not the normal DS SDK. There is no patch to make it work yet.

9. n00berania

n00berania Member

Can't wait for a patch. It won't work on my EDGE 1.8

10. Alithepro1

Alithepro1 Well-Known Member

me 2.

11. pillsbury15

pillsbury15 New Member

quick question just tried this on an M3 and it runs really bad no game runs smoothly save for S&K
    my question is is the slowdown noticeable for everyone because if it is then I really see no reason for even working on this or looking forward to it

12. ilikedsgames

ilikedsgames Member

Im just your normal good old style traditional gamer.Just wants to put the games on and well, Play! I got a TTDSi ( its a real one ;) ) about 1 year ago when i got my DSi and i had a normal R4 before that.Im a "googler"(meaning i google everything i dont know) and have ussualy found my soultion.Now that im hearing about there AP stuff i think i might throw my TTDSi in the bin.Im thinking of getting the Acekard2i as it is having quite good reviews and most off the games work.

Ive been looking forward to this game( i mean who hasn't?) and also S&SASR.Tell me though,should i give up,should i buy a new card or can someone maybe teach me how a Hex editor works(from what ive heard thats what makes the patch?) and trust me,when i put my mind on something i wont stop,Unless some random dude tries to shoot me in the head(JKS0).So can you please give me the lowdown on the question inc. the Hex editor stuff and ill get my head around it somehow. ;0

Cheers,
    Ilikedsgames(the name says it all<<)

13. BlueSonikku

BlueSonikku Well-Known Member

I'm playing it on a M3i Zero v4.7 FW and it seems to work fine for me. No lag, no glitches thus far (is as far as Oil Ocean in S2) I even have S&SASR working clean with no errors that I have come across yet.

Maybe it's like the PKMN glitch and seems to hit at random?

and to Ilikedsgames: Old School gamers FTW! ;D

14. ilikedsgames

ilikedsgames Member

So, do you consider the M3 to be quite good? Maybe i should get one.....

15. labramusic

labramusic Member

It's finally out!!!!!!!!!
    The EDGE latest firmware!!!!!

Wait, but SCC still doesn't work :'( :'(

So, our hopes for nothing

16. BlueSonikku

BlueSonikku Well-Known Member

Well I literally just got it yesterday and already I found that I can play games that my R4 with v1.24 FW still has blank screens with. I'm running clean files with no problems except for PKMN gold and silver but I hear they are working on a fix for that already.

The only thing I don't like is the menu layout, but then I like things simple and clean like the R4 menu as well as the skinning. Skins for M3i seem to be sparse right now. Might take some time to get accustom to for me, but for now I'm happy with it. ;)

17. SkinJob

SkinJob Member

I've just tried it on the iEDGE on my DSi XL with the the new 1.9 firmware and it is WORKING.
    So far i have only tried the first sonic game and it looks brilliant and plays really well with no slowdown.
    You can even save at any point in the level.

I have also tried it on the EDGE on a DSL also with the new 1.9 firmware and it is also WORKING.
    Again i have only tested the first game so far but it is running really well.

18. prso82

prso82 Member

Actually it does work. 1.9 is not listed in the downloads section yet it obviously hasnt been updated yet. I think you have downloaded 1.8 again.

Try here for 1.9

http://www.edge-ds.cn/downloads/EDGE-OS-1.9.zip

19. quinnd6

quinnd6 Member

Anyone know is there ever going to be new firmware for the dstt?

20. lgzlink1

lgzlink1 Member

:'( :( ??? Is anyone going to make a crack for AP on all R4 SDHC or clones out there?? I hate having to wait for patches or new FW updates which don't fix the problems!!!!
    Someone needs to invent a batch file or AP cracking program@#!$%^^!!!