1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Sonic Classic Collection AP Chat

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by JazzyBunny, Feb 26, 2010.

1. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

A hex editor just lets you edit the file. You have to have some understanding what all the stuff means to actually make any progress, otherwise you'll just be randomly replacing values.

2. gameboy5.0

gameboy5.0 Well-Known Member

lol yha make it sound hard now i dont know what to do lol. i guess you right but i think that if any thing it going to be have to be with a hex editor

3. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

It always is. The patches do they same thing as the hex edits, they just do it automatically.

4. kkiimmiiee

kkiimmiiee New Member

does it work with edge?

5. prso82

prso82 Member

Nope, two white screens when attempting to load the rom.

6. gr33nday

gr33nday New Member

Guys forgive me but i know little to nothing about fixes etc - i have aR4i card and all games to date have worked but the new
    Sonic racing game gives an error code - Are Romulation working at fixing this, do i need to download another file to fix OR
    is it a case of just maybe having to buy the game?? Any help would be much appreciated Ta

7. Xalfrea

Xalfrea Well-Known Member

^Shouldn't that have gone in the Sonic racing thread?

At any rate, it's in the works. So best thing to do is wait it out. Both recent Sonic games hopefully will have AP fixes by the end of the week.

8. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

Agh! I have to decide whether to play this or Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing! Dumb AKAIO....

9. GothiqueFTW

GothiqueFTW Well-Known Member

My card (R4 clone) reads this game as untitled and YSMenu is giving me an error in loading the ROM
    Does that mean I need a patch or, Did something actually go wrong with the file? (This only happened to me once before.)

10. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

Yeah, this works in No$GBA fine.
    Post Merge: [time]1267983128[/time]
    AKAIO 1.5.1 does not work holding A and X with arm7 fix.
    AKAIO 1.5 works fine... I hate having to switch from two MicroSD cards everytime I want to play this game.

11. Frivera360

Frivera360 Guest

i was playing around with dslazy and whn i loaded SCC i opened the nds_info.txt and found this

ARM7 binary hash : E0851167C35DFBCC98E2FB973591D94109FF9EA7
    WARNING! ARM7 binary is NOT verified!

WARNING! ARM7 RAM address does not point to shared memory!

12. king_leo

king_leo Well-Known Member

ill give patching a try but it might not work
    Post Merge: [time]1267999513[/time]
    arrrgh it wont work on linux using wine

13. mastersworddude

mastersworddude Active Member

It is working on AKAIO 1.5.1 here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuX_hIW5wH0

14. Aw... I was hoping it would work on the R4i Gold... Well, nothing good happens from whining! I'll wait for a week or so and see if a fix/patch for the game comes out... :'(

15. quinnd6

quinnd6 Member

When they're working on a patch I hope they don't forget about the DSTT as it doesn't work on that either. It gives that crappy error code=-4 message aswell.

16. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

weird, it doesn't work for me, clean rom and such, still the save issue

17. stonegolem

stonegolem Active Member

Hello to everyone.

I have successfully made it work on DSi by using Acekard2i (AKAIO 1.5). But I have realized that the gameplay is not very smooth. I can say that because I also have Sonic 1 & 2 on my PSP (Sega Genesis Collection) and they are working perfectly.

Is it because of DS performance or is it because of this protected rom ? I will eventually answer my own question as soon as I buy that game but it's not yet released in here. But I will gald to know if this problem accurs on the actual real cartridge as well.

18. king_leo

ill upload my patch some time tonight

19. gameboy5.0

gameboy5.0 Well-Known Member

hay king is it for the r4 or for other cards plz be for the r4

20. king_leo

all card i hope