1. This forum is in read-only mode.

So whos getting the Vita?

Discussion in 'Sony' started by rell, Dec 17, 2011.

1. fabvini

fabvini Well-Known Member

It seems everything has touch screen nowadays...

2. Mr.PowPow

Mr.PowPow Well-Known Member

me being an avid emulator gamer, I dunno....I don't want to go through the hassle of buying games when I can just download them all for my normal PSP. However if the Vita acts the same as the Vita and can be hacked in the same way, I may consider it. If not then I will wait until it drops massively in price as well as its games (yep, I'm a cheap skate)

3. trimbal

trimbal New Member

i am when street fighter x tekken comes out.

4. joshua.rozario

joshua.rozario Well-Known Member

ok im not criticizing you or anything but it is pirating that brings down a console games don't get released because of that sure sony might get more money from the system because its hacked people will buy more of the console but then games dont get released and down with the console im against pirating (unless the game's not sold in your area) so please dont pirate

5. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

There's actually very little legitimate evidence (i.e from third parties, not from people with a vested interest in proving that it does) that piracy has a significant effect on sales, in fact the majority of the evidence is that it has relatively little effect and that the actions of the manufacturer have much more effect, such as if nintendo started deliberately bricking consoles that had flashcarts used on them, or sony removing the otheros option from the PS3. An extreme example of this would be sega's treatment of the saturn caused their customers to lose faith in the company, and thus the dreamcast's fate was pretty much sealed before it even launched. The company lost so much money that they withdrew from the console market entirely.

6. slurp900

slurp900 New Member

Uncharted All the way!

7. joshua.rozario

should i get gravity rush or tekken x street fighter?

8. RandomRedMage

RandomRedMage Well-Known Member

Gravity Rush.

9. fabvini

fabvini Well-Known Member

yes, gravity rush looks awesome. I'm going to the UK to visit in July. Should I get a PS vita, 3DS or laptop?

10. joshua.rozario

it depends don't forget about exclusives, laptop i would say but if the specs aren't good id say no i cant really tell you to get the vita or 3ds it comes down to personal choice after all do some research and then decide

11. Loonylion

whatever you get, don't buy it in the UK, everything is overpriced here compared to say the US, asia or indeed most of europe.

12. Saiyajin Mui

Saiyajin Mui Well-Known Member

If you think the UK is overpriced, Australia and New Zealand are just as bad.

13. joshua.rozario

true dat my vita cost 350 even worse in new zealand

14. Saiyajin Mui

Saiyajin Mui Well-Known Member

Average price of a Vita here in New Zealand is $449 for the Wi-Fi unit and $539 for the 3G version. Games averaging from about $45 through to $100.

15. joshua.rozario

y did konami remove multiplayer from mgs hd collection for vita :-[

16. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

there never have a multiplayer option in MGS HD even on PS3 version. do you mean MGSPW HD because as far as i know, Vita doesnt come with MGSPW HD, only MGS2 HD and MGS3 HD.

17. madzak

madzak Member

hi guys
    I mean no offense but vita seems to a waste of money, for me it has brought nothing new, well touch screen existed before even their new back touch-pad is not well exploited in games, hope prices drop a bit maybe i'll think about affording one.

18. joshua.rozario

well if you think bringing in home console quality games on the go is not new then ok

19. RandomRedMage

RandomRedMage Well-Known Member

Sega Nomad, Home console quality games on the go.

So no, thats not a new feature to be honest with you. It's a feature not as easily obtained in todays technology but it isn't anything new.

20. Loonylion

gamegear too. It's only nintendo that thinks handhelds should be inferior to the home units. Sega had colour screens and rechargeable batteries long before nintendo.