1. This forum is in read-only mode.

So whos getting the Vita?

Discussion in 'Sony' started by rell, Dec 17, 2011.

1. fabvini

fabvini Well-Known Member

yeah, the problem is the prices only go down in about 4 years

2. darkrequiem

darkrequiem Well-Known Member

4 years? They're likely going to lower the price soon, what with the extremely low sales so far. On second thought, they're already selling the Vita at a loss. I have no idea what they'll do.
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/terokuittinen/2011/12/29/sony-in-big-trouble-with-ps-vita/

3. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

hardware is almost always sold at a loss, the money is recouped through software sales. That's the way the console market has been for decades.

4. darkrequiem

Okay.
    Still, it may not even be the price that's causing such low sales for the Vita.

5. RandomRedMage

RandomRedMage Well-Known Member

250 bucks... nah, not gunna get it at that price, 200 still steep, but more likely to et me to pay... but either way thats more than I spent on the ps3. And I havn't seen much f the vita that makes it a must have for me, the PS3 connectivity would be nice if there was more I could do with it.

6. Rayder

Rayder Well-Known Member

I'll get one when/if it ever gets hacked. Doing so before it's hacked is a waste of money, IMO.

7. rell

rell Well-Known Member

Thats interesting. But I doubt that sony while drop the pirce.

8. dracky w

dracky w Well-Known Member

Doesn't Anyone remember what happened in japan a few months back,i can almost guarantee thats the reason
    for the low sales ,I for one learn't my lesson and im getting the best package available at the earliest time because i can say with confidence that sony is going to make silent hardware revisions to combat piracy and for example i have always found the PSP-1000 the easiest to work with CFW-wise and i would like that same freedom with the vita

9. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

like 3DS, so far no title in vita that seem remotely interesting to me...

10. dracky w

True but i cant wait to see some decent SqeeNix and Nippon Ichi Titles ,hopefully a Crisis core type game as well

11. fabvini

That would be awesome! If I bought a psvita, I would get katamari xD

12. RandomRedMage

RandomRedMage Well-Known Member

I love how the Vita is essentially Bombing in sales. Yea.... I'll wait for a massive price drop before I even bother. :3
    It's a nice peice of hardware but just not worth the price to me. Though neither was my 3DS. But the 3DS at the time of my purchasing it had MML3 slated for release ;-;

13. dracky w

I Love how People try and predict worldwide sales on a console that has only been released for at best 2% of the world

14. darkrequiem

I love how he's not trying to predict worldwide sales at all.
    I don't know if "bombing" is the right word, but the Vita has had slow sales since soon after launch in Japan. That isn't an attempt at prediction, that's just a fact.
    Anyway, Sony seems optimistic, so we'll see what happens after it's released in other regions and if/(when?) prices are lowered etc

15. dracky w

I apologize to RandomRedMage for sounding like an ass,But i think its still way too early to say.
    yes there will most likely be a price drop but not because the Vita is overpriced but simply because thats how commerce works
    and with our constantly working on new technologies and production methods the hardware that is going into the vita is also going to get cheaper at which point they are either going to drop the price or swap out internals with new versions for example a better screen or better battery tech

16. rell

rell Well-Known Member

I for one, am getting the vita. I dont want to get it honestly, because I know its just gonna sit on my shelf for a good year before I truely start playing it, and mainly because I know theyll release a Vita slim sooner or later.

17. Saiyajin Mui

Saiyajin Mui Well-Known Member

I went to a pre-launch event for the major retailers a couple of weeks ago and got a hands on go with the Vita. It's passed whatever expectations I had for it. That touchpad on the back would take a lot of getting used to.

18. dracky w

The Reason I'm buying one is i do a lot of traveling,and i usually take my PC (desktop) when im able to but with the psp i found it was easier to game on the go and even when i stay at friends houses,and even when people complain about the price im thankful that i can get relative quality to a modern console without having to carry (or buy) a screen plus console and whatever im going to power it with,yes its going to cost the price of a Ps3 and the games are similar price as well but barring new games and probably a screen protector im not going to spend any more money on it whereas if i got the Ps3 i would have to buy a Tv and extra controls,a decent sound system to enjoy it to its full potential,also while i think for the first year of release we might get maybe 3 really good games and the rest will be touchscreen/gyro/voice experiments once the developers get back into the classic groove we will see some really special games down the line

you have to tell us more than that,like what games did you try ,was the controls responsive stuff like that

19. fabvini

I feel quite optimistic about this console. With ps3 sales booming, if sony makes a price drop (close to 3ds price) they would sell quite a lot for hardcore gamers that play on the go.

20. smashbrosmk

smashbrosmk Well-Known Member

A PS Vita is very much unneeded for me in terms of what I desire the most out of a game console/handheld. Touch screen is kind of a hassle for me.