1. This forum is in read-only mode.

So whos getting the Vita?

Discussion in 'Sony' started by rell, Dec 17, 2011.

1. Saiko

Saiko Well-Known Member

I'd love to but I have to buy a new phone so I won't have money. :(

2. shredc0re

shredc0re Guest

I might consider getting a handheld, maybe the Vita. I don't know yet.

3. alexong96

alexong96 Well-Known Member

Not in a few years.

4. Saiyajin Mui

Saiyajin Mui Well-Known Member

Just preordered mine today. Looking forward to that release day now~♪

5. drybones41

drybones41 Well-Known Member

I might get one. Just need £10 more for a 3ds plus one game,i might get the money by next week. Most of the money i had i got today and yesterday.

I could either save up longer for a psp vita or i could just get the 3ds pretty soon. Can't decide D:

6. kenny6457

kenny6457 Well-Known Member

I may save some money up once it drops abit and when good CFW comes out, then the hard part is learning how to install it :p

7. rell

rell Well-Known Member

What makes you think there will be a CFW?

8. kenny6457

Why wouldnt there be a CFW after a couple months after release?

9. personv01

personv01 Member

At first, I was all for getting the Vita, especially before release. However, with the lack of internal memory, the demand to by new mem cards again, and the 3G aspect, I'm unsure when I will get it. I have alot of content on my PSPGo, so I'll be fine with just the core system. And no, I refuse to do CFW. In the beginning, I was all for it. Now, I know it ruins systems. Not in the sense of bricking, its more in the sense that it kills the demand for content. Yes, I'm poor like everyone else, but I miss the day when developers didn't worry about people ripping them off. CFW is great for going retro, but not for new systems.

I am looking forward to see what kinds of games come out. I'm almost sure the God Eater 2 will be on the Vita. God knows I played the hell out of that game. And MHF3? Yes pls. xD And, I'm hoping, absolutely hoping, they port the Digimon game to the Vita and bring it to the US. If they did that, I'd be set.

Does anyone think they'll port PS2 games to it too?

X

10. rell

rell Well-Known Member

You should read into it more. Apparently sony is doing everything in there power to stop piracy. I mean seriously, look at some of the measure they've taken.

11. kenny6457

They can try

12. rell

rell Well-Known Member

I doubt it will be as soon as you expect.

13. kenny6457

Which is why i'm not buying it yet

14. athemoe

athemoe Well-Known Member

It's impossible to stop piracy.

15. kenny6457

16. rell

rell Well-Known Member

Thats what you said... you know.. nevermind. Back on topic. Im pretty excited about the new Resistance

17. fabvini

fabvini Well-Known Member

If I have money I'll buy one. The problem is that I live in Brazil in which the products (eletronical games, video games) have a 120% tax over the US price. a 3ds here is R$ 799 = $ 428.993 and the vita will be R$ 1000 = $ 536.913. I don't hvae money for any of them. It sucks to be a gamer in Brazil...

18. someirishkid

someirishkid Well-Known Member

You should buy your games and stuff online then. Do Play.com deliver to Brazil for free? You should try them, they're great.

19. fabvini

fabvini Well-Known Member

The guys at the Customs, search 6/10 packages and play.com sends the product in a box and displays what it is, so obviously they would open it and then I would have to pay the tax. I could try a tecnique that some my friends do, that's like this:
    I have a part of my family in the UK, so I could ask them the 3ds, byt then they have to take it out of it's packaging and rap it up in clothes and write on the box "clothes". I would then hope that my box is not selected to be opened. My friend tried this but when he did it they used to open 4/10 boxes...

20. someirishkid

someirishkid Well-Known Member

Ouch. I guess you could just do what I do; wait for the prices to go down :p