1. This forum is in read-only mode.

So I just got a job offer...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Stanley Richards, Feb 21, 2011.

1. lewis9191

lewis9191 Well-Known Member

You get a free meal if you work there so you don't have to resist.

2. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

Well if it were me I'd need a free meal every 10 minutes. And at least 20 minutes to eat that free meal.

3. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

At my old kfc you'd get a 30 min break, only if you work more than 4 hours, but no more unless you do a double shift or extended (more than 8 hours only).

Only some places do that, mine only gave food if you worked graveyard shift (11pm-7am, it was a 24hr store), because there was no penalty rates and our general manager thought that was bullshit.

Also you actually learnt to get sick of the smell, especially at kfc...in a year most people get sick of it let alone 4.

I never did, I was known to drink out a box of small orange juices (each about 300ml, 24 in a box) during graveyard shifts just to keep my awake as well as enough to feed a family of 6...thank god the graveyard managers stop caring about the "within reason" eating limit :p
    Post Merge: [time]1298352694[/time]
    It all depends on the management, who exactly owns the store (franchise or company owned) and what they think of the policies.

4. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I don't get free meals at Wendy's. I get 50% off when I work and 25% off when I don't work. It's pretty nice paying 3.50$ for a 7$ meal.

5. Soluri

Soluri Well-Known Member

... Bitch. I work for 6,5 hours, and I have a 15 min break.

6. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

And you are a baker correct?

Even my supermarker's bakers get more, if fulltime (8 hour shifts) they get 2 15 min breaks and an hour lunch break.

Im guessing whereever you are it's one of those family run/non franchise stores, they have little rights.

7. Soluri

Soluri Well-Known Member

Nope. I sell the bread. And eat it. I'm happy with my 15 min break, If I would have 30 min, the 30 min wouldn't get paid. Go my 15 min break.

8. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

And how much cash do you get from this?

Post it's hourly rate and list what currency it is so I can convert it to AUD, if it's lower than my current then I think free food doesnt really work...

9. Soluri

Soluri Well-Known Member

Let's do it this way. You post what you get, then I'll convert it to euros. But you're also older.

10. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Of course I'd get more for my age, that's a given.

Let's see, open pay slip...

18.80 aud

(Im part time, if I was a casual it'd be 20, I wanted the benifits ie annual leave, at kfc I got about 21 an hour as a casual)

11. Soluri

Soluri Well-Known Member

Hmm, why did I even bother.

12. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Are you casual/under 18 (wait why ask this I know...)?

No matter, fast food/supermarket work is always crap, thus why people need to step up the chain of command...

Im fine where I am, I'm not a man of progression, and I'd be better running little fast food teams than a whole freaking supermarket, especially one that shifts you from store to store...I don't care for the reasons, I just want more hours!

13. Soluri

Soluri Well-Known Member

Ah, and I am how old?

The work I'm doing isn't crap, it's nice.

14. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Your a baker, that's a trade, the pay is usually better than most.

And by crap I mean pay wise.

15. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

Im going for my interview now. God, am I scared.

16. Soluri

Soluri Well-Known Member

I'm no baker, I only sell the bread. And you evaded my question.
    And for my age, it pays well.

You shouldn't be. I was like 'shit shit shit shit'. But my boss was very friendly.

17. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Well you haven't told me how much you get, making me announce how much i get online...

If you told me I could compare to how much younger workers get, I can look up the rates online and via my starter kit.

Don't be.

My first interview-I couldn't understand much of my general manager because he was Malaysian, but he was direct to the point and overall, like me, he was a perfectionist who understood humans had limits...

He was good at heart to despite what the other workers called him, so what if he's tight with cash, ALL ASIANS ARE!

2nd-This was bad, I was on my own with the store manager, he looked like the guy who doesnt give a shit...

When he asked me what my best skill was I stuttered, I practiced the night before but forgot what I was going to say, in the end he helped me out and said "are you a hard worker?", I said yes and we moved right on, real easy :)

(Kinda glad he moved to another store, turned out he was a lazy fatass who didnt give a shit, only good thing about him was he would make sure I was never bored and gave many suggestions on how to pass time...and before I worked here I hated doing extra task XD)

18. theunderling

theunderling Well-Known Member

Hypnos,working in a supermarket was the best job I had.In the morning,women used to sneak up behind me and feel my pecker,and I felt their tits.There was parties every fortnight and we used to go to the pub at lunchtime.If I was was 14 again,Id be interested in

wages>what I could steal>sex

19. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

This is Australia, there is no single women who work :(

20. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

Well, it went well. I'll be going for my OJE this Friday.