1. This forum is in read-only mode.

[SNES] Crayon Shin Chan 2 - ShinChanFan

Discussion in 'Review Submission' started by ShinChanfan, Dec 16, 2010.

1. ShinChanfan

ShinChanfan Well-Known Member

Crayon Shin Chan 2 for the SNES
    Made by ShinChanFan
    As big of a Shin Chan fan as I am. I will show no mercy to this game.
    [​IMG]
    Crayon Shin Chan 2 for the SNES is your normal plantformer game.
    When the game starts you are welcomed by a intro movie, I don't speak Japanese so I'm going to guess that some evil guy has kidnapped Shin Chan's friends and his hero, Action Kamen, threatening him while he is watching TV and spawning monsters after him. He goes on an adventure to save his friends, and Action Kamen.
    After which, your greeted by the screen above.

Gameplay

[​IMG]
    Crayon Shin Chan 2 is your normal plantformer, move the character, sprint, and jump ontop of enemies. Shin Chan begins in the first level, home. Shin Chan starts in a small room, meeted by a few... beetles that punch? Yeah... right.

Shin Chan can get items after defeating enemies, which when most of them used, will kill all the enemies on screen.
    [​IMG]
    After he uses an item, its removed from his Inventory.

Every time Shinnosuke is hit, he takes damage and is flashing, doing a little flap arms animation. To see his health you have to look at his face, if he has his normal face, he is at full health(formely FACE, lol mistakes). If he has a frightful face, his health is OK. If he has a very frightful face, if he takes 1 more hit, he's gone. Or if he falls of a ledge he's pretty much gone too.
    [​IMG]
    The level design isn't that great, to be honest. And they didn't exactly make the plantforming unique. Its your generic jump ontop with some items, I wish there was more...

Graphics
    Shin Chan looks to be a well detailed game, there are some problems. For one Shin Chan's shirt isn't colored right, its supposed to be red(As showed in the Manga, show, and every other game.) but in this game, its blue? Maybe its a mistake, I don't know.

The backgrounds seem to be fairly detailed, along with the objects. On the Hulu item you can really see the effect of being drawn by a Crayon too, so thats a plus.

The game has good animations, Shin Chan's sprites tend to normally be well animated, his jump sprite having about 4 sprites in it. Which is all good, but the mistakes with Shin Chan are pretty big.

I'd say the graphics are very good.

Sound

This game's best parts in my opinion is the sound. The sound is just FANTASTIC.
    Real Shin voice acting probably recorded just for the game. Amazing remake of the shows theme at start, and a decent soundtrack. Enemies don't have much sound, the game mainly runs across its soundtrack. Which is not too good in my opinion.

Verdict
    Shin Chan 2 is a good game, but has some generic gameplay, a bad graphical mistake, and a lack of some sound effects, but that will not die it down to be bad game, and is always good for 1 or 2 playthroughs. I'd suggest getting a ROM of this game if you are a fan of plantforming or Shin Chan.
    Graphics: 7
    Sound: 6
    Gameplay: 8
    Overall: 39(OK)
    Pluses and Minuses.
    + Good Soundtrack
    + Real Shin sounds
    + Well animated sprites
    - Lack of enemy sound effects
    - Generic gameplay
    - Mistakes with Shin

2. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

The second image shows a little baby in yellow spandex eating Shin Chan out while a Cockroach does the Can Can. Happens daily.