1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Sneak Peek & Change Log

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Seph, Apr 18, 2015.

1. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

@Prectorian

Thanks you were right. The new system does recognizes your new username, if you had requested for a name change. What a really nifty feature ;)

2. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

I swear to God, you live in the worst place on the planet.
    Good luck!

3. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

@ Cahos,

Info was from Reider, I merely remember him mentioning it.

@ Necr0,

It's not half bad, in fact of all towns and cities I've visited around the country, this town is the best. Allow me to update latest situation without intention to derail the main topic;

I've got 20 roof tiles broken from 1 section and scattered around the house and nearly flew into neighbors home (thank God it didn't , else I've to pay damages caused), damages to the garage, gate, no electricity, leaking roof in several other parts of the house, broken tv antenna, some branches fell, and leaves everywhere. Tomorrow will be a long long long day for me.

Around town; trees uprooted and obstructing roads, unmoving traffic, possible casualties as I can hear ambulance siren, and electric pole uprooted too.

Short to say, I'm not going to be around tonight. Am on a low battery tablet phone.

4. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Another report:

Some photos whose links we've posted on the forums some time ago using the image tags seem to no longer work. The links are valid but they don't show up on the thread post. One good example is my post on the "Post a Picture of Yourself" thread, but I'm guessing it might have something to do with the fact my photos were linked from Facebook. But they used to work before the upgrade though :confused:

5. Prectorian

I find it rather amusing. Apparently, we've members who think the "NEW PROFILE POST" on the right side of the forum main page, functions as this forum's CHAT BOX/SHOUTBOX!!! Doh !!!

Last edited: Nov 1, 2015
  6. Prectorian

I think the NEW PROFILE POST on the rights side of the forum interface should be removed, or maybe add an information in red about its function. It's amusing to see members mistaking it for a shoutbox/chatbox. Those that posted questions there seems to lack understanding of its function (which is not as a chatbox!). I wonder if starting a thread/topic in an appropriate section is too difficult?! :rolleyes:

Adding a chatbox/shoutbox on the other hand will defeat the purpose of the forum sections. Members will not be posting in it (in the forum) and instead just use the chatbox. I've seen first hand (in another rom site) how it causes a forum site left deserted as everyone chooses to chat talk.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2015
  7. M.AzaryPika3172

M.AzaryPika3172 Well-Known Member

For YouTube link, just use [ media] any video sites [ /media], instead of [ youtube] any video sites [ /youtube] bbcode.
    Plus, this bbcode can use any other video website likes dailymotion, veoh etc... List of video websites are here!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_hosting_services

8. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Testing... testing....

Woah~! :eek:

So now we have to remake the "Post a Random Youtube Video" thread using this new format ;)

M.AzaryPika3172 likes this.
  9. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Everything looks great. Impressive. I randomly have notable people from 2010 as followers/followees, not sure why. PM related maybe. Very nice.

10. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

A real life snag kind of slowed down things a bit. Also Google decided to drop all of our ROM pages from their index for unknown reasons so have been trying to figure out wtf is up with that.

Finally got a few new things done though, so we are now using HTTPs by default, yay for encryption. Also 20 new Wii games in case you guys feel like playing some We Sing...

11. Neon32

Neon32 Neo-Noir

In our profile page i saw fields under IDENTITY were we can enter our social profiles like Twitter and Facebook.
    I don't think most users would even share their social media profiles , but if those fields were for gaming profile ids like that of steam, origin,xbox etc then it would've been really cool feature.

12. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Fairly sure I can either find an extension for that or write one myself. I will be figuring out what I want to do with the forum after christmas. I will probably be looking at what extensions are available at that time. In the mean time, ideas are welcome.

13. Neon32

Neon32 Neo-Noir

Good to hear that. :)

14. M.AzaryPika3172

M.AzaryPika3172 Well-Known Member

Wow! This forum is now using HPPTS, instead of HTTP! :p

15. Neon32

Neon32 Neo-Noir

@Seph I'd like to report a small problem/bug. I'm using a smartphone to visit this forum and The reply or editor box below the page doesn't seem to support the arrow keys of SwiftKey app.

16. Prectorian

Swiftkey app isn't the smartphone's primary keyboard, right?
    Same problem when using the phone's original keypad?
    Maybe the "bug" is related to the app instead of this forum?

17. Neon32

Neon32 Neo-Noir

The happens with the Androids default keyboard too.This could be a related to android or the editor. im simply reporting it.

18. Neon32

Neon32 Neo-Noir

I forgot to mention that this happens only with the rich text editor.

19. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Question, are the Member/Active Members tags gonna be replaced with their traditional Member/Premium Member titles?
    Or maybe a banner like the "Staff Member" ones for premium members? Made it a lot easier to identify the different member types and offer support (like download accelerating and stuff).

20. Prectorian

"staff member" banner is for staffs (admin only I guess). I'm still a mod in the 'android' sub board, but there's no such banner for me, same case for you in the share board. Reider too doesn't get the banner despite being global mod. I guess Xenforo doesn't show who are mods around here? My banner should read "Who Cares!"

I'd say members are apparently "regular members", as for active members are "premium members". That said, can I have mine changed to 'hyper-active member'? Before the move, I was 3rd most active behind Loonylion and Kiroko (or was it Kiroka), after nudging Reider to 4th.:p