1. This forum is in read-only mode.

SMT: Strange Journey Official Topic

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by Mcoupe69, Mar 23, 2010.

1. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

Re: SMT: Strange Journey TODAY xD

It depends on your alignment.
    At the beginning, usually you are still Neutral-Neutral bring a Demon that is also Neutral-Neutral and they will do Co-Op attack.
    It helps a lot.

2. Blade5406

Blade5406 Well-Known Member

How does one know his/her alignment?

3. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

From the color of the name I think.
    If it's white means neutral, blue means law, and red means chaos.
    The Demons have those colors in their names, don't know about the MC though.

4. Rysio

Rysio Well-Known Member

...but it somehow affects player cause if you're all nice, chaos demons don't want to talk with you...

I have some cool fusion options, but I need to level up my demons first...

5. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

Ugh, this game is quickly feeling like another FF3 with not having save points before some bosses

Trying to fight
    Morax
    I found his weakness to bufu, just gotta actually get to him from the second floor without using any hp/mp or dying >.<

Although FF 3 was worse with it's running through the whole dungeon to get to a boss

6. Manithal

Manithal Member

7. sylar1000

Yeah, i eventually found the save and heal points outside his door, i'm an idiot some times >.<

Beat him though ,so woo

8. Mcoupe69

Mcoupe69 Guest

Didn't notice the option to resummon your demons in your register for a while when i was struggling through the bottom floor of the first dimension (antlia) needless to say i figured it out right at the boss door (had been playing through the whole damn level with a slightly high lvl pixie/knocker/jirae ho haru? (the neutral/neutral fire girl) .. so as soon as i found out i immidiately started fusing some badass demons to fight against the boss .. got frost jack , naga and that dark/neutral guy with the golden mask (fused ice attacks to naga and the other guy so pretty much every turn on the boss I was using powerful demon co op attacks)

this game is both a pain and a joy - I literally cannot stop playing (been sick for a hot minute and I played for a good 7 hours today lol)

If i can give any advice to anyone its that whenever you get to a new area with new/stronger demons, you should always look for their overall weakness, like in the first level on the basement floors its mostly demons weak to gun and ice attacks with the exception of a few weak to lightning.. either way you are always going to be changing/fusing new demons around every corner so don't get use to a single party.. in a way i find this refreshing though.. not so much annoying.. only annoying part is learning the area's weakness when you get to it

Man... impressive game though

One of my all time favorite rpgs so far

(ps: always stick with demons that have the same alignment in their second option .. so if you are neutral you can have light/neutral , neutral/neutral or dark/neutral , if you are law or chaos have demons with /law or / chaos , the first alignment only counts for conversations (learned that way too late :I.. but either way like i said keep to the same alignments in your party so you can have super strong demon co op attacks)

9. Rysio

Rysio Well-Known Member

Oh yes... punishing fun :p

Want some demon passwords~? I plan on using them after I'll finish da game~
    http://smtsj.wikidot.com/demonspswd

10. Mcoupe69

Mcoupe69 Guest

thx rysio :), to be honest im trying to figure things out on my own demon fusion wise but its just getting too tiresome .. frustrating.. might go for passwords

on another note.. I think its going to be a hot minute before we see an extensive faq/walkthrough of the game on gamefaqs.. then again theres a wiki right?

11. that3d-trapezoid

that3d-trapezoid Well-Known Member

That'll require some patience. Inputting them passwords are a pain. And it costs Macca as well.
    Anybody else here reached the 3rd sector yet?
    They took it up a notch in that area, seeing as I'm getting murdered frequently.

12. ybom

ybom Well-Known Member

TTDS is having trouble saving. I'll be looking for a patch for it.

[edit] could someone attach a "blank" but known to work save file (or will this not work)?

13. johnx

johnx Well-Known Member

There currently is no patch
    Look here
    http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=37415.0

14. ybom

ybom Well-Known Member

Search didn't provide that topic for me. Thanks a ton :)

15. sylar1000

The 4th sector is annoying me, pretty strong enemies lol.

16. johnx

johnx Well-Known Member

No problem.

17. ggrroohh

ggrroohh Well-Known Member

I like how its random at times. :p
    Got an Archangel for free :p

18. frostydrag0n

frostydrag0n Well-Known Member

I'm still at the Antlia after 2 hours...LOL and yea, this game reminds me of etrian odyssey

19. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

Reach the C sector.
    It starts to get harder from here.

20. ggrroohh

ggrroohh Well-Known Member

I'm already having alot of trouble at B... -.-