1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Skyward Sword - possible glitch that prevents storyline from proceeding

Discussion in 'Game Help' started by toffster92, Nov 25, 2011.

1. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

The solution is to use a damn table like you're supposed to.

You're the only person to complain of calibration issues for this game, which means it's an issue on your end. You're not using a hard, flat, level surface to calibrate with (as instructed). That would be why.

Your point is moot, not to mention completely unrelated to the bug at hand.

You're trying to nitpick at a flaw that does not exist, provided that you've followed instructions.

2. lewis9191

lewis9191 Well-Known Member

I don't think nintendo would release a game that takes 30 minutes to callibrate.

3. toffster92

toffster92 Well-Known Member

the only calibration problems I had was sometimes, when i try to slash horizontally, the game mistakes it for a left-right diagonal slash.
    Just a minor inconvenience easily fixed by changing the way I hold the wiimote.

4. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Well-Known Member

it's an estimate, ebtween the time it asks me to re calibrate until it gets the Ok, since i dont have a table in front of my TV, the way my room is ATM is that my bed is in front of my TV and i have to tables but both are in diagonal angles, the time RS2 takes to calibrate and SS is quite different, also the issue that toffee mentions is only part of the issue, the skyward beam is also troublesome to launch, and the eye shaped enemies that need to be dazed are also difficult to deal with since for me at least the game insists on making 3/4 of a circle and link going stiff.

Anyway to be back on topic i hope some one finds a way to force the event, altough maybe a geckoOS code would help, dunno, since there are smilar things for P3P (allows me to freeze the day time allowing me to repeat certain convos) i dotn see why something simialr couldnt be used on SS or maybe even a fan patch.

5. lewis9191

Exactly its like the gamespot(I hope it is gamespot) review that was terrible because he just didn't understand the controls. I have seen lots of videos and the controls look perfect.

6. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

Again, this is a lack of proper calibration on your end.

No matter how much you want to justify it, your point is invalid for this conversation.

It's like people that use recycled ammunition, and then they scratch their heads as to why the barrel of their gun is all fucked up...

GEE I WONDER WHY...

7. darkrequiem

darkrequiem Well-Known Member

It was GameSpot.

I'm glad I avoided this glitch by sheer luck. I hope it's at least fixed in future production runs.

8. toffster92

The main causes of why people may accidentally activate this glitch (at least that's what my experience tells me) are:

1. When you have your fortune told (after you receive details on your quest), the guy clearly says "You can start your search in ANY province you want. it's all up to you. Good luck on your quest." (paraphrased)
    2. In your travels, you might uncover a gossip stone that says "I heard that the Thunder Dragon has in his possession the strongest shield there is but they say he only gives it to those who pass his trials" (again, paraphrased)

That was what prompted me to start at the desert since I was eager to finally obtain the Hylian Shield.

9. Duncan Idaho

Nintendo uncovered the bug,y ou can do the thunder dragon quest and more, all you need is to avoid talking to the traveling goron, the one in the mines, if you do that you activate the glitch and you cant proceed, you can talk to him after you have obtained all parts of the song, but not before nor in the middle of the quest.

10. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

They would do a great move I you could send your copy and get a new one without those bugs.

11. athemoe

athemoe Well-Known Member

you can easily avoid this.

12. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

Yeah now... because it is all over the internet

13. lewis9191

THANKS CAPTAIN OBVIOUS

14. toffster92

Not for me! T^T

15. Duncan Idaho

More info on the glitch, talking to goro corruptes the map data and event data of the game, in other words that is the reason why the events needed to progress arent working, they are corrupted :/ nice job nintendo, nice job.

Oh boy i just ogt news of a second glitch, regarding the first boss, if you deal too much damage to him, more than intended too you kill him and the events wont progress again.

16. lewis9191

Game testing not doing there job. Not entirely nintendo's (game makers) fault.

17. darkrequiem

darkrequiem Well-Known Member

Nintendo promises to fix the glitch (Via download or sending them your Wii/SD card)
    http://www.itproportal.com/2011/12/15/nintendo-fix-skyward-sword-game-break-bug/

Can't imagine there would be many people who haven't passed the game and still don't know about the bug.

18. Duncan Idaho

I just read about it on IGN, still i hope they launch a V2 since it's still tiresome to avoid certain things due to the testing team being lazy