1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Should women be expected to change their names when they marry?

Discussion in 'Debates' started by buchichu, Aug 29, 2011.

1. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Yep, western Ideology is way better, sadly a whole chunk of the world still thinks it is a requirement, most notably the Arab world & Asia. And yes, to this day arranged marriage is still practiced and this is an extreme example of it:

http://www.gmanews.tv/video/26285/sine-totoo-karangaya-inareglong-kasal

I'm sorry for the video having no subtitles but that's what it really is.... Arranged marriage of children. Can you believe this load of bull?

2. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

At least ugly twats get laid, if they lived here they would die virgins.

3. treec_cynda

treec_cynda Guest

They shouldn't have to if they don't want to.

4. Petey

Petey Well-Known Member

They do if they want to keep their job at the kitchen.

5. Void

Void Well-Known Member

Changing your last name is traditionally something done by women. As with other feminine traditions, like wearing a dress and peeing sitting down, it's emasculating when a man does it. I'm not saying this is fair, I'm just saying that if you don't sack up and make your wife change her name all your friends are going to see you as a little bitch.

The fuckin' way she goes.

6. Nitemare_ Plague

Nitemare_ Plague Well-Known Member

care more for your wife's feelings more than your drunk friend's opinion. its better in the long run

7. toffster92

toffster92 Well-Known Member

hey hey, a wife's just a wife.

Drinking buddies are forever.

8. Void

Void Well-Known Member

care more for your husband's dignity and reputation than your indignant political stance. its better in the long run.

Edit: I'm just speaking for myself, if you get a husband who's cool with changing his last name for you then that's great - just know that he's probably too much of a submissive bitch to stick up for you and be a man anyway.

9. jackwang

jackwang Guest

I think they are right

10. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

without reading every post: NO. Don't take a woman her freedom away like that. OK, I understand why it can be done but it doesn't need to be a needed thing to do

11. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

A woman can always opt for the choice to go for the Hyphenated last name or a double-barrelled last name, which presents both the Husband's last name and the Wife's last name.

12. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

It should be the choise of the couples. Only if they both fully agree I don't see the problem

13. gaynorvader

gaynorvader Well-Known Member

Should women be expected to change their surnames when getting married? Yes, marriage is all about tradition. Should they be forced to change their names? No, that'd be ridiculous in this modern day of gender equality.