1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Should I buy a Playstation 3?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by usernameladiesman217, Apr 15, 2011.

1. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Really? I always see it in 3D except when I'm playing a DS game on it.

2. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

At this point of time, I would refrain from buying a 3DS. The library of games is subpar and the battery life is dreadful unless you bought the battery pack which adds another 8 or so hours.

3. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Agree, while it's one of the coolest devices out there, it isn't worth the price of entry as of yet. NO GAME

4. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

Whatever happened to Nintendo having decent launch titles?

5. personuser

personuser Well-Known Member

whatever happened to nintendo BUNDLING their best launch title with their consoles is what I'd like to know.

Seriously, the NES had Super Mario Bros, The SNES had mario world, the N64 had mario 64, the gamecube had...a demo disc.
    The gameboy had tetris, the gameboy color had...nothing.

That was a good practice and made the console far more worth the entry price, IMO.

6. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

The GCN didn't have a demo disc, Maybe later in it's lifetime but not when it originally came out. The N64 didn't come with Mario 64.

7. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Honestly, it's probably has something to do with the 3DS being unfinished, if they took the time to release it after they finished the software (that had the internet browsing + eShop) then I'm sure OoT, StarFox, and atleast Kid Icarus could have been within the launch window, which wouldn't be too bad for a launch.

I don't think Mario 64 was bundled at launch, and I wouldn't count the GC demo things, considering it was a limited time thing. That being said, I wouldn't count just one game as a good launch, there's only so much time I can spend on one game.

There was a bit of demo discs in it's lifetime, but whenever it was bundled it was a limited edition. I got Zelda with mine.