1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Shin Megami Tensei Strange Journey - USA

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Jason5877, Mar 23, 2010.

1. lexsama

lexsama Member

no just 20 board college kids

2. AnimeboyX3

AnimeboyX3 Well-Known Member

Misread again in my previous reply to this.What do you mean?Show me what your root of your memory stick looks like.

3. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

Try deleting the _aio folder and the aceka.nds or whatever the menu file thing is called, then put the new ones from RC 2 on your card.

4. fahsky

fahsky Well-Known Member

It was a different kind of AP for the Japanese ROM though, so it's not fair to compare the two - it's the same game, but not the same AP. Hopefully us DSTT users will get lucky, & a fix will come in the form of an AR code...

5. Sonica

Sonica Well-Known Member

Runs smoothly on Acekard 2 (non-AKAIO, ver.4.21), as well as saving without troubles. LOADING THE SAVE DATA, on the other hand? Corrupted and made me sad.

6. sylar1000

You should just put Akaio 1.6 RC 2 on it, makes everything easier.

7. flashjump

flashjump Member

so...nothing for r4?

8. RAWRZORZZZ

RAWRZORZZZ Active Member

I need r4 patch too, but I just realized that no one uses r4 anymore =(

9. Sonica

Sonica Well-Known Member

Just downloaded AKAIO 1.6 RC2 just now, so am trying it out quickly.

EDIT: OH MY GOSH. I LOVE YOU, AKAIO.

10. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

A lot of people still actively use R4 which leads me to wonder why it has been abandoned. It is a perfectly fine flash cart that would continue to be fine if active firmware upgrades were still happening. As it stands, about the only updates the original R4 receives is the occasional YSMenu update. Even with the updated files though, the latest is no match for newer AP issues.

On the subject though; I'm really interested in playing this game, so here is to hoping I can eventually see a fix on my original R4.

11. AetherShadow

AetherShadow Member

Well, hopefully at least. We DSTT users are almost always the last bunch that starts playing any AP game. Not to mention R4 users too.

BTW, I played the game, and I can confirm that, while there are no freezes, I can't save. Then there's also the fact that there are no random encounters...

12. sylar1000

Have fun, AKAIO and normmatt rule.

13. AnimeboyX3

AnimeboyX3 Well-Known Member

Did just that was playing for about 30 mins. then froze when I was speaking to the pixie demon.A patch still might be needed.In the meantime I'll fiddle with it to see if I get anywhere.

14. Sonica

Sonica Well-Known Member

Seeing the words, 'Loading save successful' brings tears of joy to my eyes, metaphorically speaking (wouldn't want to freak out the family).

As I'm now back to the beginning, just after Zelenin's report, we'll see how things goes. :D

15. Tac942

Tac942 New Member

Hey its working fine Saving and Loading
    on my R4i gold with version 1.31 firmware (no ysmenu)

16. lexsama

lexsama Member

i wish the R4i firmware worked on the R4 like everyone claims >.>

17. Forme111

Forme111 New Member

I see your point. They saw how it got cracked last time, and improved it. I'm talking to someone who helped crack the Jap. version right now, so i cant say if it's coming soon. All I can say is, there a bunch of wizkidz/nerds/awesome guys working on it, so be patient.

18. Starmongoose

Starmongoose Member

Just sat down and decided Save or No Save, I'm playing this game. I will never,ever get a game over. and I will keep my ds on until i'm done. After about 30 mins of awesomeness, I realised there are no random encounters and game overed on the first boss.

-DSTT

19. rokenjima

rokenjima Member

I'm relieved to hear it. It's easier to wait knowing that there are people working on a fix.

20. sylar1000

XD i see that worked out well.