1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Shin Megami Tensei Strange Journey - USA

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Jason5877, Mar 23, 2010.

1. Aztreal

Aztreal Member

can anyone help me? I have an R4 Ultra v1.55 and it's not working for me T_T

2. hahahahaha

hahahahaha Well-Known Member

I have tried with R4 with updated YSmenu, R4 SDHC v1.19b and 1.20b, all do not work. Tried patched and unpatched. All do not work, I have spent 3 weeks trying and have given up. It works perfectly on every one elses... always freezes when i try to save.

3. kenshin8671

kenshin8671 New Member

Sorry if this has been answered before, I read the last couple pages and didn't see it mentioned...

I was about halfway through the fourth world yesterday when I tried to save and the game froze and when I tried to load it, it said it was corrupted and deleted the save file. I had put about 40 hours into the game at this point.

Has anyone else had a problem like this? I've been playing it on my M3 real and it had been working perfectly for weeks and I had saved dozens of times without problems...

I really want to play this game again, even though it means starting over, but if it's likely that the same thing is just going to happen again I'll just find something else to play.

4. Bluebulletdead

Bluebulletdead New Member

Alright, I got it working, but right after the conference with the Joint Project, the video showing all four of the vehicles going towards the Schwartzwelt plays for at least 1 second and stops working. I have EX4 on, and none of the others. These are also the settings I'm using.
    [​IMG]

I'm using a pre-patched ROM, most likely used with ARM7 or DSlazy. I further patched it with eNDryptS.

5. liosthir

liosthir New Member

how do i get it to work on dstt??
    i can't save/load the game etc.
    thnx in advance

6. twilightic0ne

twilightic0ne Member

I have an R4-SDHC and no such luck with latest firmware. It looks like it saves fine but when i try to load it states that its corrupted and deletes the file. I did talk to the people who make the kernal for the R4-SDHC and the R4i-SDHC and they are working on getting a patch out for both kernals (yes the R4-SDHC and R4i-SDHC are different kernals).

7. Aztreal

Aztreal Member

did you guys crack the AP code yet? <3

8. cul_lumber0

cul_lumber0 Member

I have a M3DSreal and this game crashes once I start saving, is there a file that has been cracked for this game for my flashcart? If so, can someone redirect me to the file.

9. twilightic0ne

twilightic0ne Member

r4i-sdhc guys have a working patch. it doesn't say on the site but i havent had a problem with a saved file for the last 3 days so we are looking good for a possible patch for all cards soon

10. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

from what i can tell, this ROM/game runs perfectly on Wood R4 CLEAN. just like many others, if you use any type of R4 upgrade to wood R4 and it works perfectly!

11. Aztreal

Aztreal Member

does it work on R4 Ultra?

12. dlwhdrlf

dlwhdrlf Well-Known Member

doesnt work on wood r4 on r4 clones.
    says data cannot be accessed.

13. Is there a patched version of this yet that stops the freezing? It runs fine on my M3 Sakura (just updated today, haven't tried it on Touchpod though), but the freezing issues are making it almost unplayable. I would've beaten the game by now if it weren't for the freezing, but it's become so frustrating that I put the game down.

The promises of the freezing ending after Carina kept me playing, but they pick right back up again in the final sector, so you really are only freeze free in Delphinus. Very frustrating. I love this game and I want to beat it!

14. corneyhero

corneyhero New Member

the more i read the less i understand... i have an n5 is there something i can do to make the game work i don't understand any of all this talk :(

15. TZX1.0

TZX1.0 Member

Hi, I can't find any other topics for this game, so I'm going to post.(sorry if it has been solved.)
    Is anyone working on this?
    also, the Wood R4 compatibility list says that this works. Does it work with Wood R4? (I can't save with mine.)

16. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

Make sure you have the latest version of Wood (v1.12). This was fixed ages ago.

17. TZX1.0

TZX1.0 Member

I'm pretty sure that I have 1.12.
    the folder says Wood_R4_v1.12, and so does the changelog.txt
    I got it from the download link here: http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=39701.0

18. LuckyTrouble77

The best I can recommend is a simple back up and format then. Nobody else appears to be having issues with this game (and I don't personally have a copy to test).

19. TZX1.0

TZX1.0 Member

I read somewhere that the Wood R4 needs to use clean ROMs. I got my copy off of a torrent that was somewhere on this site, It was "NDS ROMs 0001 - 4851.torrent"
    How can I tell if it's clean or not?

20. LuckyTrouble77

Wood R4 can play patched ROM's fine. I've never had an issue because of it before.