1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Shin Megami Tensei Strange Journey - USA

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Jason5877, Mar 23, 2010.

1. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

That means YSMenu isn't compatible with your cart. This means that it is highly likely that Wood R4 won't work either. Wood is made for original R4 only, no clones or otherwise. I'll eventually get around to playing this game, as Wood is fully compatible with my original R4. I've got myself consumed with Phoenix Wright again though.

2. Rod182

Rod182 Well-Known Member

I wasn't expecting it to be this good. I'm 9 hours in and there's pratically nothing I'd nitpick or complain, I'm just having a ton of fun ever since the beginning and still craving for more.

So far, this is my personal DS GOTY.

3. deathscreton

deathscreton New Member

I hate using an Itouch2 sometimes. People seem to blow over it all the time. :/ I've never seen someone mention it oddly enough. But It's okay. I have a friend that's giving me an M3I for my birthday pretty soon. So I'm excited. :3

4. wearebirds

wearebirds Member

I'm still looking for a way to play this game on R4SDHC. It's the one game I want to play most, and it is literally the only game that I cannot get to run properly. I've tried the patch, YSMenu, R4menu, Pandora, and it still won't save.

5. dohicky

dohicky New Member

Playing the patched version on R4 1.18, had no problems until Carina, keeps crashing at the cutscene in the transporter room with Horkus. Anyone else having the same problem using R4 1.18?

6. gotchaman1

gotchaman1 New Member

Is there anything I can download for my r4 that will let it save the game?

7. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

i think that wood thing lets you

8. buchichu

buchichu Well-Known Member

so okay, the R4 mostly works...I've tried like, all these fixes just to see with the M3 real and to no avail. Am I correct in assuming there's no fix for the M3?

9. Lockbaal

Lockbaal New Member

Sorry but what could i do to make this game work with a R4 in official Kernel 1.18 ?

Thank you very much

(Sorry fot the english i'm french.)

10. hahahahaha

hahahahaha Well-Known Member

Still not working on R4 SDHC...

11. loGrade

loGrade New Member

I was getting the same "Save Failed" error. I have the Acekard 2i with the AKAIO 1.6 RC1. I used the R4 SMT patch listed in this thread. I've been playing for about 3 hours without a glitch. Thanks to all who worked on the patch!

12. zombiegavins

zombiegavins Member

Hi guys,

I'm new to these forums but not totally clueless, can anyone confirm that strange journey is working on ak2i with akaio 1.6 rc2?

Lockbaal you should start by installing wood r4 v1.05 onto your r4 card, sorry i havn't got a link but if you google it you will find a download or the zip file, once you have that just extract the rpg folder and dsmenu.dat files to the root of your sd and agree to any overwriting.

this will give your old r4 a whole new lease of life and you will find its game compatibility greatly increased.

13. johnx

johnx Well-Known Member

Yes it does work.

14. zombiegavins

zombiegavins Member

many thanks, guess i will boot it up and have a go

15. Stamatakis

Stamatakis New Member

i found a program called WinDS PRO and it has many emulators inside.I use NO$Zoomer and it plays perfectly!saves and loads too

16. lusien

lusien Member

for the R4 its not only the save not working there are NO random encounters so it will make it nearly impossible to progress through the game...

17. Roxas500

Roxas500 New Member

same here........by any chance they fixed the game???

18. ggrroohh

ggrroohh Well-Known Member

Latest YSMenu and patched rom and the game will play fine
    To be more specific here
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=218024

Or you could try that new wood firmware

And a mod or the OP REALLY needs to update the first post =.=

19. freepass

freepass Member

Interesting, I got it working on the R4, but it's been crashing a LOT in World 4. Freezing very often, randomly after battles or during other transition screens.

Anyone else get this?

20. ggrroohh

ggrroohh Well-Known Member

Which R4?
    Original?
    Clone?
    You need to be specific
    I'm using Original R4 with YSMenu and Patched Rom,no problems so far and I'm in Sector E already