1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Shin Megami Tensei Strange Journey - USA

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Jason5877, Mar 23, 2010.

1. Ultima112

Ultima112 Member

If you've downloaded the patch, change the extension of the file from .*** (When I got it, it was .download) to .exe. You'll probably have to rename the file.
    I'm on Windows XP, so changing the extension is simple, just renaming the file.

If that's not the problem, then sorry, I don't know much else about that.

2. dupasuka

dupasuka Well-Known Member

LOL at this : i had a trojan on my microsd card xB

3. EntropicKitty

EntropicKitty Well-Known Member

Trojan on your sd card? how did you manage that? LOL

It works 100% fine with the R4i SDHC's new firmware. =]

4. ggrroohh

ggrroohh Well-Known Member

Not a bug nor AP,I'm already over that part

5. OtakuGirl

OtakuGirl Member

I don't know what system you are on but I can confirm that this game still has active protections for the M3/G6 system :-\ After 65 hours of game I'm now struggling with the game freezing at the same places; it freezes about 1 time on 3. Protections were left on Eridianus sector: the top level and the 1F teleporters maze keeps freezing every 2 to 5 minutes. The game was behaving perfectly before Eridianus, never froze before these 2 damn places. If I go anywhere else in the game it won't freeze... Now I'm stuck in the teleporters maze and cannot advance because of the damn freezing. I upated the system for the version 66 with a clean install but still no luck.
    However I managed to fuse a megami fortuna. I'll try the code you posted.

It's like they started cleaning the code from protections then stopped after doing half of it. Arg, help? M3 DS Real team, we need an update! *sobs*

6. mr snow

mr snow Well-Known Member

ca someone post a link to a pre-patched game? im a total noob when it comes to patching.

7. ggrroohh

ggrroohh Well-Known Member

Jesus,this explains alot
    I thought you were using the patched rom

8. borgmanjayce

borgmanjayce Member

I'm using a R4 DS flashcart to play SMT:SJ on a 2GB MicroSD and it's odd that I can't create a Megami demon at all due to the game freezing every time I try to do so; either by password method or by fusion method.

9. KevInChester

KevInChester Well-Known Member

If that's an original R4, use a clean rom and Wood R4 (check main technical help page)

10. Eliard

Eliard New Member

hey guys I still have the image-crash problem, patched version or not, i need help please

11. AnimeXTwilight

AnimeXTwilight New Member

omg yess finally a patch that works! Thank you so much! I love you!! xD

12. borgmanjayce

borgmanjayce Member

I forgot to mention the R4 flashcart I'm using that I'm having the "Megami" problem on the game with is the R4 Revolution... Does anyone know if Wood RPG works with this flashcart or not?

13. englishteacher

englishteacher Well-Known Member

I don't have any problem creating "Megami"... I create Ishtar and Parvati just fine.... I'm using original R4 v1.18... maybe your games file corrupted at that part..

14. sanderman

sanderman New Member

Thanks alot, first save cleared! :)

15. borgmanjayce

borgmanjayce Member

englishteacher, it's interesting that you and everyone else don't seem to have problems creating Megami... The ROM I'm currently using is the one that was uploaded in this thread here a few days ago that removed the AP from it.

EDIT: I've installed Wood RPG which works without problems and I'm still having the same "Megami" problem in that if I fuse two compatible monsters, the ROM crashes!

16. englishteacher

englishteacher Well-Known Member

So, maybe it the ROM that causing it... I download the ROM here (from Romulation) and patched it myself...

17. KevInChester

KevInChester Well-Known Member

If you are using Wood R4, use a clean rom.

18. OtakuGirl

OtakuGirl Member

Well, problem solved for me; sort of :-\ I had to transfer my save to pass the pirate protection teleporters maze on Eridianus on NoGBA, then transfer my save again to my linker. That stupid teleporters maze took me half an hour with the wiki map. So annoying.

Could M3 Real team post a fully compatible system for this game, please? There's still protections left for Christ' sake! :(

19. borgmanjayce

borgmanjayce Member

I've downloaded a clean ROM and patched that version and it works fine, fortunately with Wood R4.

Talking of Wood R4, how do I activate cheats on it if I've already got a usrcheat.dat file that I created for use with my R4 Revolution firmware.

20. Undermyoath

Undermyoath Member

I wondering if i can play this game, due the fact i red some real good reviews of it, and i've played throught the other SMT game for the ds and i quite liked it.

I'm working with a R4i Gold 1.31 cart, and i'm just wondering if it has the posibility to work on the cart, and if yes, with which settings.

Maybe Wood R4?, because Ysmenu gives a wrong Dldi thingie on my cart.
    So help? =)