1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Shin Megami Tensei Strange Journey - USA

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Jason5877, Mar 23, 2010.

1. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

The one thing I can suggest is formatting your MicroSD card and trying it out again. Otherwise:

Which R4? There are dozens of clones, you probably have one.
    Which firmware? This is pretty much the deciding factor in deciding if a game will work.

Can't diagnose the problem completely without any details. ;)

2. ultimania92

ultimania92 Member

Hmm, anyone have success yet with getting it to run on No$GBA?

I've gotten it to work just fine on my CycloDS v1.58stable, but I want it to work on my comp for recording purposes.

3. Ja4

Ja4 New Member

Hey people and Eliard :)

That link to Megaupload. Nothing wrong with the site it self ofc but I have problems with the file it self when I want to open it... :-\ I have Winrar wich should be able to open such a file like usually when i download a NDS game. But every time I try to open this one I get the message "File has an unknow formate or it is damage".

It should not be a unknow formate since i got Winrar right? or should I get a other unpacking programming? or is the file really damage?

4. Eliard

Eliard New Member

Well, the link I posted gives you the .nds file, basically it is the game itself, it doesn't need any program at all, just an emulator and that's where my problem begins

5. superb06

superb06 New Member

Oi, im playing this on da R4 SDHC v1.18 using ysmenu and using the patch from megaupload ^^^^ or w/e
    and when i saved to try and test to see if it loads successfully, it says the data is corrupted and erases my save file wtf
    There bettah be a patch soon lmfao

6. dupasuka

dupasuka Well-Known Member

If it works on YSmenu it should work on DSTT because it's a modified version of the DSTT firmware ,right?

Post Merge: [time]1270708600[/time]
    P.S.
    the poster above me is an B.I.Z (brainless internet zombie)

7. hahahahaha

hahahahaha Well-Known Member

I really need help... my friends are playing the game perfectly, with the exact same cards, and games. My 2 friends with R4 SDHC play perfectly with 1.19b, and my other with YSmenu palys perfectly. I have both card, and have spent a whole week, with two different patches, trying to get it to work on either flashcart. Still get a black screen when trying to save...

8. fahsky

fahsky Well-Known Member

Huh, the patch is supposed to be an .exe file, but whenever I open it I get the message that Windows needs to know what program to open it with. I'm clueless. ._.

[edit] Re-downloaded, & it says it's not a valid Win32 program. Wah?

9. Ja4

Ja4 New Member

Fahsky... read the post from me, the one Eliard reacted on. Ther you will have you're answer.

It's like 5 post before >.<...

Btw, fan-ppl from romulation are really the only ppl I have seen so far that are trying to make a patch for this great game (and in the past for other games). So yea, my thanks goes out to everyone that is trying to make this baby work :).

10. mr snow

mr snow Well-Known Member

it wont work on my r4 original with ysmenu. any ideas?

11. ggrroohh

ggrroohh Well-Known Member

Try updating the 3 .dat files in your TTMENU folder
    http://filetrip.net/h25123605-TTDS-EXT-INFO-SAV.html
    This one,if you haven't done it already

12. mr snow

mr snow Well-Known Member

still not working. it wont let me save.

13. hahahahaha

hahahahaha Well-Known Member

Same here. Updated, not working.

14. jadster 1996

jadster 1996 Well-Known Member

Finally a patch is out!
    there's a patch required for this game to work with ys menu,r4,and such,here it is:
    http://filetrip.net/f10190-R4-SMT-(U)-patch-1-0.html
    and here is the original topic with the new ysmenu:
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=218024
    Tested and working on dstti with the firmware in the link :)
    The game saves and there are random encounters.

15. Bimmers

Bimmers New Member

The only problem in Nintendo is that pirating their games is too much pain in the ass. Look at the PSP, heck, downloading their games are even legal!

16. fahsky

fahsky Well-Known Member

I'm on dialup. I'd rather have the patch work than re-download the whole game. >_<

17. sandman-858

sandman-858 Guest

Game works great! 6 hours through no problems :)!

18. dupasuka

dupasuka Well-Known Member

Strange..
    I get image crash when saving on my DSTT

19. jadster 1996

jadster 1996 Well-Known Member

did you try the new infolib,savlib,extinfo?
    here put these in your TTmenu folder if you didn't:
    http://filetrip.net/h25123605-TTDS-EXT-INFO-SAV.html

20. borgmanjayce

borgmanjayce Member

I don't know if it's a AP bug or just a general bug in the game, but for some reason, it crashes whenever you're trying to create a Megami demon or after typing in the password "Nymph and Angel harem".