1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Shin Megami Tensei Strange Journey - USA

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Jason5877, Mar 23, 2010.

1. buchichu

buchichu Well-Known Member

still can't save on the M3i - was smart enough to use the RTSave this time so I don't have to sit through all that opening crap to check the save AGAIN, lol. Anyway, thanks for the hatd work anyway, folks. Might just have to buy this one if I want to play it though.

2. worldagainstjose

worldagainstjose New Member

an hour in, playing on my R4i, no problems so far :)

3. carlbarker

carlbarker New Member

I just wanna play this game....so damn bad! hahah...

4. Triwolfghost

Triwolfghost Member

still does not work on my r4-sdhc.Anyone know why?

5. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Well-Known Member

tried Ysmenu or Pandora?

6. Triwolfghost

Triwolfghost Member

Never heard of Pandora.Tried putting Ysmenu on my R4 SDHC but it didn't even open up the r4.

7. Duncan Idaho

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1YKO7NNQgs

my tutorial on how installing the Ysmenu on any R4 clone ALSO DO NOT ERASE YOUR R4 FIRMWARE

8. Triwolfghost

Triwolfghost Member

I'M SUCH A BAKA(IDIOT)!Instead of putting the patch version on my r4 i put the old version on -__-' Also the Ysmenu does not work on my kind of R4.Its listed as do not work.Anyway still i'd like to thank you.

9. Kudan

Kudan New Member

Works now on my N5 card with the patch and on YS menu a12,havent tried without YSmenu, also just tried the saving/loading part, dont know about random encounters. Well thanks a lot really to all the ppl working on the patch and still suporting the R4 and its clones,like many ppl here not all can aford a new flashcard or the original game atm, and you ppl are lifesavers, i really wanted to play this.

10. nataxas

nataxas Member

it worked on my r4 clone :eek: just downloaded new fw (r4i sdhc) saves and random encounters work, even cheats are there :D

11. zekth

zekth New Member

The patch work in my r4 III, saves and random encounters work great but keeps crashing in the intro video. (you can skip it).

12. ashley_surferboi

ashley_surferboi Well-Known Member

ys menu does work on r4 ( and clones, i use it with r4 sdhc (normal)) make it into a .nds file instead of a replacement firmware

13. ace_lawliet

ace_lawliet Member

umm...
    what AP was being removed by that patch by Pong??
    i played it without patched with my original R4 v1.18 not with YSmenu and works very well, now i'm almost beat this game..

14. Duncan Idaho

trust me it will, all you need to do is downloa the YSmenu file thats in my Mediafire account, the second Ysmenu BTW, then all you need is to uncompress it, and darg and drop it on the root of the Micro Sd and it will work, im running this on an N5 with a 4GB kingston HC card

15. akiraunreal

akiraunreal Member

The Patch work on R4 Ultra, i'm using akaio 1.5 for clones =D thanks a lot

16. Loplos

Loplos New Member

"http://www.r4i-sdhc.com/indexe.asp"

Works here. Scroll down until you see the fixes for ROMS. You'll find Shin Megami Tensei Strange Journey there.

On a side note, I don't think this is the original R4i SDHC, as you see one website is www.r4isdhc.com and this one has a hyphen (-). Or maybe both are released by the real R4 company? Who cares tho, if I can play it?

17. Eliard

Eliard New Member

Hey everyone here at Romulation. First I want to take the chance now that I can to thank the people that worked with the game, Shin Megami Tensei is a series of classic games in my opinion and I didn't want to miss the chance to play it.

But that takes me to my second comment. I had downloaded the patched version from here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=U3ZFD5YE (thanks to groh for posting it)
    With this version I was able to play the game almost completely, the only problem is that I get an image-crash everytime I access the save/load menu.

My flashcard is R4i, but I tried on the No$GBA and had the same result, so is it that the download went wrong halfway or another issue I am unaware of?

18. hahahahaha

hahahahaha Well-Known Member

New R4i firmware, trying it out now.

19. borgmanjayce

borgmanjayce Member

I can confirm that the patched version works on my R4 Revolution without the need for YSMenu and works with the 1.18 firmware!

20. SpecterM91

SpecterM91 Well-Known Member

Um... I was playing with the patch on an R4 - saves work, encounters work, etc - but when I got to the part where you're about to go after the Blue Jet survivor, it locked up and corrupted my save file. What's the problem here?