1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Shin Megami Tensei Strange Journey - USA

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Jason5877, Mar 23, 2010.

1. s2d4theworld

s2d4theworld New Member

Yay, it's a universal patch. Works in my supercard (slot 2) like a charm!

2. batou31289

batou31289 New Member

sorry for asking a stupid question, but how can I get this patch to work?

3. partyguerrilla

partyguerrilla New Member

Have you tried running the patcher in Wine? It should work.

4. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Well-Known Member

im a amc user it does not runs on wine

5. xinsen

xinsen New Member

I havent tried this patch yet as its late and im also a mac user however when i am patching stuff on mac i find switching to windows xp to make the patched version then taking the file back to the mac part of the laptop works.

Been a big smt fan for a couple years now and its pretty hard to get the games where i am at the very least i wont get a copy until the european release comes out It would have to be a really bad game for me not to buy it to add to my multi console smt collection =).

I dunno where we would be without the smarts people who figure out all the complicated fixy stuff they deserve much kudos for there work *pats back*.

6. buscozahir

buscozahir New Member

Thanks to all the guys who worked hard. Man, you rock!

7. ggrroohh

ggrroohh Well-Known Member

Heh,now all we need is someone to upload a patched rom and we can call this a happy ending

8. Agerion

Agerion Member

I have a question. I patched SMT, but I've noticed that, ever since I've updated "WarioWare DIY" on my cart, some games refuse to work. I played several times the Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles games and the Knights in the Nightmare game as well as Children of Mana. All those games will play ONCE, now, on my R4, then freeze as soon as they are highlighted in the R4 menu. Now I can tag SMT to this list. Even after downgrading so WarioWare DIY doesn't work and using an older copy of YSMenu with WarioWare DIY TOTALLY off my R4, the games still freeze as SOON as they are highlighted in the cart's menu...

9. ggrroohh

I have that too with one game (Rune Factory)
    I think it has something to do with updating the 3 .dat files in the TTMENU since it happened to me AFTER I updated mine

Oh,and I'll put a link to the patched rom from another user later

10. Aquaria

Aquaria Member

I can confirm that the patch for SMT:SJ works for R4 SDHC with AKAIO 1.4.
    Saving works but not sure about the random encounter though, haven't gotten up that far.

11. ggrroohh

Patched Rom
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=U3ZFD5YE

Thank p4tman for uploading it

12. Gryphon00

Gryphon00 Member

So is this patch specifically for Ds Cards? (Like R4 Akaio etc) Or would this also work on No$?

13. hahahahaha

hahahahaha Well-Known Member

Cant save on R4 SDHC...

14. worldagainstjose

worldagainstjose New Member

put the updated file onto my R4i , so far its saved sucessfully! hurray :)

15. borgmanjayce

borgmanjayce Member

Do I need YSMenu to run the patched ROM that's been uploaded by groh on my 1.18 firmware R4 or will it run fine without needing YSMenu?

On another note, I'd like to offer my thanks as well to the people who created the patch for this and as for the people who had their doubts that there'd ever be a patch: SHAME ON YOU!

16. andreaaa

andreaaa New Member

Guys I love you so much, I've been following this thread and you were the only ones that kept my hopes up (I'm an R4 user).
    Thank you for all the time and dedication you put into this.

17. Rod182

Rod182 Well-Known Member

Glad to know a patch came out after all. I've been patiently waiting for this... too bad now I'm having my exams, so I won't be able to play it for a while! =P (not even gonna put this one on the flashcart right now, just to be sure... I tend to be easily distracted)

Thanks for everyone who worked hard on the patch!

18. Agerion

Agerion Member

Hey, just discovered something. Downgrading ALL the way down to R4 Kernel 1.18 makes it work totally. Unfortunately, all save files created on a YSMenu of any type will be invalid and won't work until you re-upgrade to a YSMenu again. I didn't mind restarting SMT (I was only about 3 hours in), but it keeps me from playing any of my other games until I finish this one. Really weird...

19. KevInChester

KevInChester Well-Known Member

Can't you run the R4 1.18 kernal as an application (load it in YSmenu, then load the game from that).

20. patch works on m3 simply
    8) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D