1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Shin Megami Tensei Strange Journey - USA

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Jason5877, Mar 23, 2010.

1. AnimeboyX3

AnimeboyX3 Well-Known Member

Next thing you know they'll add an anti piracy to damage our DS's XD!

2. Wyvvs

Wyvvs New Member

Yeah, No$ and Zoomer don't work

3. phantasm

phantasm New Member

Last time I'll post this, I switched and found a working emulator with this game.

Just go get DeSmuME 0.9.5, it runs smooth and doesn't have the save problem.
    [​IMG]

4. OtakuGirl

OtakuGirl Member

Game works on M3 DS Real with M65 sys, but not the save: it gives an error :-X

It's gonna be really hard waiting for the system update!! Arg. *sobs*

5. Xaintrix

Xaintrix Member

Yeah, found it quite interesting that DeSmuME 0.9.5 works just fine - save and all.

6. Schmakkus

Schmakkus New Member

I tried the quick save function of the M3 DS Real. It works, you can save and load. I just did the first two fights within the ship and it didn't crash.

7. flashjump

flashjump Member

but i want it to work on my flashcard :(

8. Jimbo1979

Jimbo1979 New Member

There is an easy way around the save problem. Use the RTS function instead of the game's save file. I've tried it and it works fine. I have a M3DS Real with the latest firmware. To stop the game crashing on the intro scene (after you choose new game) just press start to skip it. Technically it doesn't fix the rom but it allows you to play the game and save/load.

9. Xaintrix

Xaintrix Member

phantasm - heard you just fine, just don't care THAT much

Think most of us want to play on our DSes.

10. phantasm

phantasm New Member

I know that this for for those who don't have those, yet will post asking the same question over and over again. One problem finished, now you can work on the next problem.

11. OtakuGirl

OtakuGirl Member

Huh? The new game video doesn't crash for me with the M3G6 65 sys. Watched it all the way. Are you using Sakura?

12. thanhtrai93

thanhtrai93 New Member

I tried on no$gba and it worked fine without any problem.

13. Kitrich

Kitrich New Member

CycloDS on the newest stable firmware here - yes, I know you've already had two confirmations :p
    Saving/loading works fine, as do random battles.
    However, suffered a crash (seemingly random) on the log screen (the help thing), had worked fine up till that point previously, and there weren't any new entries, so it could well have been a truly random crash. If it happens again I'll post more :p

14. pythagorex

pythagorex New Member

Oh well i'll just play on desmume until a patch comes out

15. Kitrich

Kitrich New Member

Yep, reproduced crash on CycloDS.
    After you encounter the first big demon (tentacles for arms on a horse??), it will say mission log updated, if you check the mission log, it will crash when you try to exit it. Perhaps it's only my DS/copy of it though, and maybe my own save. Don't know if it crashes every time after you complete that mission, will check and get back.

EDIT
    On third attempt, it didn't crash, but that was a little further on from where it happened the first two times.

16. AetherShadow

AetherShadow Member

Hmm, if I remember correctly, wasn't there another AP in this game in the J version? No random encounter or something? That literally makes the game unplayable, so somebody should check that out, just in case.

17. Kitrich

Kitrich New Member

I can't speak for any other carts, but on the CycloDS everything seems to be functioning as normal?
    Random encounters, etc, etc.

18. Schmakkus

Schmakkus New Member

Okay guys, I got another problem. When I enter the Antilla sector, it freezes. I'm using M3 DS Real

19. Rabeeshan

Rabeeshan Member

so, did the japanese ap take long to crack? and will the us be like it to? cause i heard that somehow the japanese patch was released the same dai as the dump

20. jpt93

jpt93 Member

The game is fixed in the newest build of AKAIO, but when that's released could be anyone's guess.

http://www.normmatt.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=356

EDIT: Missed a bit of the link. Damn, oh well. At least it got posted.